Samurai Jack is back in March 2017

It wasn't on Adult Swim, it was on Cartoon Network. It never really was "cancelled" but kinda just put on hold after Season 4 because the production team moved onto doing the Clone Wars micro-series and, once that wrapped, they kinda just naturally went their separate ways.

It took 15 years but it's back to wrap things up. Two more weeks, gang.

They've been streaming all Samurai Jack episodes, leading up to tonight's premiere, on the Toonami website. They're also streaming the premiere after the television run, too.

Tonight's the night, gang!

Man I almost forgot thanks for posting there poopapapapalps . looked like jack , fights like jack , IT'S JACK !!!!

Woop whoop !!

I heard re-runs air on Wednesday either on tv or the Toonami stream but I've not checked it out. I catch all the airings as they come on. SamJack has been such an influence on me, it's the least I can do to catch it when it airs.

Tonight's episode really reminds me how much I hate nostalgia and why it's such a cheap and sloppy out. Much of tonight's episode was that obnoxious "Hey, remember this, folks?!" kind of thing; some faces from the original series (from some of the lesser episodes at that) just pop up to show their faces and pop out. The Scotsman from the last episode showing up, okay, I can let that slide, but...man, I know they coulda done what they did with tonight's episode so much better. At least something more meaningful within context to the show, anyway.

The context was there, no? He was facing his ancestors for failing but Ashi saw everyone he had saved and found hope for him. I'd say that was pretty contextual .

i love that they brought Scaramouche back as well

crabra comander

Yes, context, but like I said, nothing really meaningful I thought; just faces showing up to point at and go "Look! From that episode!" The most upsetting for me was the whole Da Samurai bit and then Demongo showing up just to show up. The mammoth people and the Archers, I'll let that go, but then the rave kids (still raving 50 years on?) and then the final bit...I couldn't help but groan. Of all the examples of Jack saving people and those that would remember him, they had much better stories to draw from and coulda handled it with just a bit more finesse.

I was also a bit bummed that the resolution with the warriors past were physical tangible things that Ashi could interact with. I was really enjoying seeing Jack's mental state manifest before him and no one else. The warriors, his family, voices of people he remembered, all of them illusions brought on by his own insecurities and guilt rather than actual spooks trailing him.

I love SamJack but even for 10 episodes, how typical that they'd still have A, B, and C episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
She better start working on growing that beard then!

SamuraiJack.jpg

She may. Who knows? There's still 3-4 episodes left. I think that'd do a real disservice and be infuriatingly disappointing to what's been built to just suddenly do something like that. I hope not but who knows? They just may do that.

Right on !
I figured they were going to go with the girl power that's so in vogue now.

when i saw in the commercials that they apparently gave jack a spunky young kick ass assistant, i about groaned out loud. doesn't that defeat the purpose of bringing jack back and following his story if you try to make the audience care about what seems to be a female version of him?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back