DO3D.com Printable Models. Good quality? Bad quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiCubsGordon24

Hello all,

I'm looking into getting a Captain America Helmet and researching all my options. I came across this model HERE and I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience dealing with this company? It looks like a great model but a little pricey and I don't want to get scammed. Thanks for any input.

I have the mk45 iron man suit form them and it awesome. They make really good models for 3d printing. I recommend their models highly :thumbsup

I have used their models before but be aware that you may need to contact them for revisions if accuracy is your goal. Also, I have encountered mesh problems, etc on occasion that I have had to fix using my own programs. But the results speak for themselves...

PhotoGrid_1459117368591.jpg

Awesome, I'm glad to hear the positive reviews. I'm pretty handy in max so I would assume I can fix small issues if any pop up.

Good to know that these files are worthwhile.

Does anyone have a pricerange for the files for an Iron Man suit? I sent them an email, but maybe someone wants to share this. PM is also an option :)

I'm having a few setbacks in my pep build and considering the 3D print method.

New iron man is $299 and older ones are $199 I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Main reason I'm going 3D print is lack of quality from my pep experience but I'm sure that's more lack of talent than anything. I'm a 3D modeler and it's cool to be able to get items printed.

I received an estimate and you are right.

I made the decision and I'm going to switch to 3D printing. The MK45 it is :)

Just got the Blank Panther files from them. I believe these to be good files. I will sit down with my 3D printer guy and see how these come out. Very excited to work on this project.

I now have the MK45 suit and it's amazing. There's a lot of detail and the way these files are made, you can print every single detail seperatly.

You can go all the way with this. So far I am very pleased

Recently, I bought a full droid from they, and in my opinion is PERFECT!
Very good modelled and perfect for printing.
Congratulatios to DO3D.com

Don´t hesitate to do it. Buy confident. I´ve bought a winter soldier arm. It´s expensive, but it has a lot of work. When printed the result is awesome.

had various files from there now, great service, models are really well made. Started contacting them through facebook now instead of email much faster replies. Asked about getting a particular part of a file (the leg armour of a Falcon costume) to modify for a costume im working on and they couldnt be more helpful, sold me the files separate from the rest of the suit and at a very reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back