Its Another DL-44!

newbanZo

Finished up my DL-44 a couple weeks ago and now that the holidays are over I finally had some time to take some pictures. Denix base with todd's costume kit. I tried to shape my denix a bit to make it more accurate in the usual places, replaced the plastic grips with reproduction wooden ones, and blued it with birch casey perma blue. There are a few issues but overall I'm very happy with how it came out! I also made a quick leather holster for it to round out my luke skywalkerish, han soloish, star warsy belt.

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

Very well done. Where did you get the grips from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful job! How'd you do your aging/weathering on the scope mount? I have the exact setup and have been resisting doing anything to it until I have a better idea of how to approach it.

Wow great job! I really like how the scope and flash hider came out. Color looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

elr02k Here's where I got the grips http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/rg-c96bhmsrgripsearlywstepinframe20lines.aspx
And here's a link to the tutorial I used to fit them http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/grips.htm

Dminor I sanded off the finish then made a stencil and painted over it with some flat black spray paint. I didn't want it to look to clean, so after it was dry I hit the edges of the paint with some light passes of sandpaper and steel wool and put some light scratches in it. If I went to far I added a bit more paint that I sprayed onto the end of a q-tip.

I'll attach the stencil I made for you or anyone else to use, or improve on. I made it a bit over what it should be on purpose so the smaller details could be added back in by hand and roughed up a bit

Attachments

• ScopeBracketTodds.jpg
    ScopeBracketTodds.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 54
  • ScopeBracketWeathing.jpg
    ScopeBracketWeathing.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Can you take a picture from behind. I like to see how ur grips look after finishing them to fit the denix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah here you go

20170104_194835.jpg

I had to file the grips down a bit to fit into the frame and to sit flush. I went a little to hard on the left one, but slowed down a bit on the right side and got a much better fit.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back