Rogue One Stormtrooper Armor

TK8541

So if you've not seen the Teaser for Rogue One yet, go watch it.

But I was noticing the Stormtroopers — while they're "classic" —*have quite a few differences.

• The hand plates seem to be a cross between ANH and ESB.
  • They have some sort of elastic / black band that goes at an angle from their back plate to the front of their belt.
  • They have a BIG black elastic connecting their back plate to their chest plate.

What else have you all noticed?
Personally I love that they have some differences but are "the same".

Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.00.20 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.01.26 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 8.01.50 AM.png

Last edited:
Re: Rouge One Stormtrooper Armor

I like them. When I saw the set photos - they looked a lot more like FX armor than they do in the trailer. Hopefully they are designed to be more comfortable for the actors. It looks like they made a lot of suits.

I'm sure they are designed to be more user friendly, and I don't think the changes look bad at all. More costuming fun for all!

Are the detonators held on differently? Hard to see but someone mentioned it in another thread.

Yeah, I agree... I bet it's BETTER to wear and I totally don't think they look bad at all.

I think the back/kidney plate and detonator and all are different, yes.

I'm sure they are designed to be more user friendly, and I don't think the changes look bad at all. More costuming fun for all!

Are the detonators held on differently? Hard to see but someone mentioned it in another thread.

Yeah, detonator attachment is different, since the belt is fully plastic rather than canvas in the back.

Front the first pic, the visor's on the troopers in the speeder look interesting - but why would they need a visor when they've already got eye protection?

At first I was going to say you guys are too nit-picky and to the layman they look totally OT and legit.

But then I thought about how I'd feel if Vader shows up with anything other than an ANH styled MPP saber and my blood pressure spiked. So I feel your pain, guys.

I love the tank/speeder commander!

Front the first pic, the visor's on the troopers in the speeder look interesting - but why would they need a visor when they've already got eye protection?

Why do most blaster pistols have tank scopes mounted on the wrong side? Real world rules don't apply!

Dont you guys think the Helmet looks like a really nice blend between a hero and a stunt?

That was my thought. Will be nice to see these up close on the big screen. Wonder if Anovos has the license to build these things once the movie is released. Can't imagine there will be any sort of wonky bumpies on the lid. :D

Dont you guys think the Helmet looks like a really nice blend between a hero and a stunt?

Yes. The low brow of the hero and wider mouth of the stunt.

Are the lenses flat or bubble?

- - - Updated - - -

That was my thought. Will be nice to see these up close on the big screen. Wonder if Anovos has the license to build these things once the movie is released. Can't imagine there will be any sort of wonky bumpies on the lid. :D

LOL I know people that paid a lot extra for those lumps and bumps.

This pic has been floating around for a while in case you haven't seen it. It notably appears to be perfectly symmetrical also:

donnie-yen-helmets-big-jpg.jpg

Does look like a bubble lens.

This pic has been floating around for a while in case you haven't seen it. It notably appears to be perfectly symmetrical also:

View attachment 612426

Does look like a bubble lens.

There are those desert biker troopers too. That would be a fun build. It's a little strange to add new troopers to the OT though

It's a little strange to add new troopers to the OT though

I've seen a few people saying this here and there-- like, if these guys exist, why didn't we see them on the Death Star in ANH.

But to be fair, you didn't see snowtroopers in ANH. You didn't see biker scouts in ESB. You didn't see sandtroopers in ROTJ.

Making prequels is always a bit revisionist, but I don't think it's too hard to buy that these mission/environment specific troopers may not be in every movie because they weren't needed.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back