m19 scope for ESB blaster

I found one on eBay today and thought it was a dream-- current big was $5...

Then I checked a few hours later and it was up to $175 with four days to go still.

I found one on eBay today and thought it was a dream-- current big was $5...

Then I checked a few hours later and it was up to $175 with four days to go still.

Yeah, I'm the high bidder on that one. I'm afraid I'll have to follow this one to the very end to go with my Boba Debt parts;)

Hmm weird, I only see one real m19 show when I search and it's listed at $1625 - which is completely ridiculous. I don't need one, I've already got one.

It depends on your budget and how accurate you want. That guy selling the one for $1600+ who says its in mint condition is crazy. Its in great shape but not mint. I like the DEC ones and the dimensions are spot on. I think he said he is waiting on some lenses for them. If resin is ok, I like the 2nd one from the left in the picture below. It's the best resin M19 I have ever seen. The one in the picture is a reject and hasn't been cleaned up yet, If you want a real one you're going to pay a lot and they don't come up that often. Personally I would go with a DEC or a resin one.

. M19's.jpg

Long story short too late. Somebody around here mentioned how these things are from the insides of tank periscopes-- I had no idea. I went looking at tank periscopes and decided they were the coolest thing ever. I decided to nab one for this short film I'm doing in the future-- wherein I want to approach the props like the OT. It's not a fan film-- but it is scifi-- and a tank periscope is perfect to add some greeblies too to make a hand-held scanner device.

Just got it and the thing is NOS-- totally sealed. I felt bad even breaking the cardboard. Given that it was NOS I had this sudden realization there might be a telescope in it. Sure enough, open it up, check it out-- BOOM. Telescope.

Not an M19, you know-- as to resell and triple the money I spent on the periscope, but an M77D. Very similar in shape, with some minor differences. But it certainly looks the part enough that it will be perfect for the custom blaster I am working on.

scope.jpg

Seth I found the M32 (the one all the way on the right in pic above) based off what thd9791 posted. The M77 can be modified/ cut down to look more accurate. I think they are pretty as is. I know the feeling, I don't think Im going to use mine on a blaster. There is also what looks like a Bobadebt M19 cast in bronze on evilbay right now.

These periscopes are pretty cool, I was going to sell mine, but I like it so much Im keeping it. I feel bad splitting the two parts up after all this time. Plus it will come in handy if I ever buy a tank! Nice find!

I don't know if I trust my metal working skills... Plus I do love custom stuff. So it's perfect for me-- has the look and feel, but is also unique.

Some details about the M38 scopes, and also how to convert a M38A2 (M77) into a more accurate M38/M40

M38 scope manual.jpg Sherman.JPGM38A2 scope conversion.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Lichtbringer, I I actually did that. The models with the lit reticle are slightly longer than a fer real M38 ( I do have one, and an M32 as well) but it looks good, and a reasonably inexpensive option for an E-11 build. M38a with epoxy putty:

DSC00149-s.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back