Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Hey guys,....I found a nice high resolution image of the digital asset Millennium Falcon from the Sequel Trilogy....I know it's painted different to the original physical model....but it's here to look at

I know this image has been posted around here before, but this one is 3922 x1841

attachment.jpg

J

TFA & TLJ Falcon.jpg

attachment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The holes are present on the Bandai 1:72 but you have to drill them out by hand for the 1:144 Falcon.

Incredible work on the masking of all those tiny little rectangles and squares Darth Saber and thanks for posting the pics from the Japanese Chronicles: Vehicles book. Amazing to see such detailed reference. Do they have the same amount of detail shots for the topside of the hull?

On the original 5 footer, I'm guessing all those little " = " and " I " shapes must have been rub down transfers from Letraset? I can't imagine ILM went to the painstaking measures of masking them all individually.

Looking for some advice with the rear deck. I knew this would be a problem with this kit as it was a bad idea to have you access the lights by having to remove it each time. I've noticed mine is not fitting as snug as it once did.

I would love to know what others did here? Did anyone use magnets or some other means, and if so would you mind sharing how you did it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did anyone use magnets or some other means, and if so would you mind sharing how you did it?

Yep, I used magnets and super glue. The magnets were leftover from a case of something that I removed them from, and I didn't have to do any surgery with the ship.

20180217_131042.jpg

Yep, I used magnets and super glue. The magnets were leftover from a case of something that I removed them from, and I didn't have to do any surgery with the ship.

View attachment 796346
Thank you! So are the magnets just glued onto that middle support bar also? Or did you have to embed them inside it?

Thank you! So are the magnets just glued onto that middle support bar also? Or did you have to embed them inside it?

Just glued on there. It may be wise to support them with some epoxy putty though.

I think I did this modification when the model was still in two haves, so you're definitely in or a challenge.

Last edited:

Just got word from Tony,
He's making some height adjustments to the front and rear on the MPC gear bays to adapt to our PG's and probably the depth of the actual well itself as they're fairly deep...but it sounds like he'll have those ready for us in the very near. He usually emails when the requested item is up on Shapeways and available. So I'll post that up when it happens. :thumbsup

Question about the sensor dish. I've seen people building their kits with the dish in different orientations.
The set of reference pics I was using show the dish like this:

falcondish small.jpg

With the larger gray wedge to the left. Some people have the dish installed with the larger gray wedge facing to the right.
Over the years, was the ILM Falcon damaged/reassembled with the dish "upside down?"

Question about the sensor dish. I've seen people building their kits with the dish in different orientations.

View attachment 796391

With the larger gray wedge to the left. Some people have the dish installed with the larger gray wedge facing to the right.
Over the years, was the ILM Falcon damaged/reassembled with the dish "upside down?"

Yes....here she is in the Chronicles book....these photos were as she was after construction....also notice a wee ring around the central emitter on the front of the dish got broken off also since ANH

attachment.php

attachment.php

J

Attachments

• Dish Back.jpg
    Dish Back.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 982
  • Dish.jpg
    Dish.jpg
    623 KB · Views: 975

Concerning the antenna, the orientation of the base part also needs attention.

dish.jpg

As is documented in the site linked by nkg, it is not that the dish part was "damaged/reassembled" to the support part "upside down".
It is only that the dish was flipped + base was turned in the opposite direction from their initial state.

View attachment 796391

In he film it appears in the opposite position as it does today.

All you need to so is swivel the base 180 degrees and and flip the dish to the opposite side.
Ive been flip foopping mine through out my build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back