The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

b6b829028616e57ca25741281b768d7d.jpg

Well I finally got my transistor set from ParfaiteLumiere (thank you again for that!) and I managed to find a clamp that, while a bit more weathered, was not in horrible condition. And next Monday, thanks to Edraven99, I have a nice male balance pipe coming to me, and I'm already talking to Roman about getting it converted. All the pieces are falling together....

Now here's an issue. The way I did my bubble strip I actually sanded it down to be flat (no other reason than that's how I like it.) However, I found the fatal flaw in doing that, where the bubble strip now falls out of the clamp :s any ideas on how to fix that?I was thinking clear double sided tape, but I am open to other suggestions barring buying another calculator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tiny elastic bands on either side of the bubble holding mine into the Luke Graflex clamp...

Damn looking through this thread I miss my collection. It's still all boxed up from my move.

Waiting on an exatra as well to finish mine off... and I found a couple of lower profile transistors I THINK I got from teecrooz way back... I'll have to take a shot and post to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This works well. I used a small hairband (the fabric covered type) cut in two to the length of the clamp rails and tucked them inside the rails; then slid the bubbles in. The bands keep the bubbles centered and keeps them from falling out.

I have tiny elastic bands on either side of the bubble holding mine into the Luke Graflex clamp...

Damn looking through this thread I miss my collection. It's still all boxed up from my move.

Waiting on an exatra as well to finish mine off... and I found a couple of lower profile transistors I THINK I got from @teecrooz way back... I'll have to take a shot and post to find out.

I managed to get a better Hales grenade online recently so I swapped the old fragmentation body on my real-parts saber for the new piece and sold the original in the junkyard. It still has some hundred-year-old red paint and varnish fragments on it. I'm very pleased with the saber now. I've been keeping it on the bench beside me as I work and I pick it up and wander around with it in my hand all the time, much to the amusement of visitors (the Webley in the picture is for a ROTJ Fett build later in the year).

To add my tuppence to the conversation above; I used a thin sliver of double-sided parcel tape down one edge of the bubble strip and it now sits firmly, without slipping. Since the tape is only on one side it doesn't pull apart or tear when you open and close the clamp whilst playing/adjusting/fettling.

Webley-no2- (1).jpg

Webley-no2- (1).jpg

Hey fezfox ! When did you pick up a Hales? I hadn't realized you'd started down the long path.

Congratulations!

My condolences. ;)

And Good Luck!

May the Force be with those of us on The Long Path!!!

Trying to do a trial fit right now. Anyone else have issues threading your booster onto Romans Empire spacer? I can get about 2 or 3 revolutions on before it gets stuck. Meanwhile, it came with the flash suppressor and the screws all the way on without issue.

Hi, will try to answer your question, someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. The booster doesn't thread into the spacer, the treaded part goes into the handwheel.
have fun with your build :)

There are threads (female) inside the gear/radiator portion of the booster and there is a male threaded end on the spacer to fit it. There is an extended male end of the booster with threads that DOES go into handwheel.

yeah sorry, I was searching on Roman's website because it felt weird that you asked that and realized what you meant, sorry about that. I hope someone can help you :$

Are you talking about Roman's hollow F/X spacer? Its made of steel I believe. I'm not 100%, but I think there are lubricants you can use for threads so that they don't bind up. Not sure if you can just use WD-40.

Trying to do a trial fit right now. Anyone else have issues threading your booster onto @Romans Empire spacer? I can get about 2 or 3 revolutions on before it gets stuck. Meanwhile, it came with the flash suppressor and the screws all the way on without issue.

While I imagine all boosters are threaded the same, I'm guessing the cutters wear down after a few hundred boosters... so the first hundred may have nice smooth deep threads, while the next hundred or so will be tighter due to a dull cutter.
Wanna send me your booster? I'm about to run more hollow spacers and can make sure one fits your booster.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back