Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

I also received the kit today! Very nice kit with lots of details
Some Plastruct tubing to order and the led system, and of course a death star base!

Did you hear that noise? It's the sound of my Red Jammer kit going from worth next-to-nothing to worth-nothing. Oh well. I'll try to dig up the scratch for this kit since it's what I always wanted.
Mike Todd

Pretty sure you can sell the Red Jammer for $600 to $700 if you wanted? There are people out there that probably still want that version?

Pretty sure you can sell the Red Jammer for $600 to $700 if you wanted? There are people out there that probably still want that version?

If I was willing to sell internationally, perhaps. The best domestic counter offer I got to my offer for sale made it clear that this kit is going down with me. It was just worth more for me to keep just for fondling ability, if I don't get around to building it.
Mike Todd

If I was willing to sell internationally, perhaps. The best domestic counter offer I got to my offer for sale made it clear that this kit is going down with me. It was just worth more for me to keep just for fondling ability, if I don't get around to building it.
Mike Todd

Or maybe use it as the one you build before Gold Leader, as "practice". I think a lot of us keep kits in the stash because we don't want to mess up that really expensive box of resin.

Did you hear that noise? It's the sound of my Red Jammer kit going from worth next-to-nothing to worth-nothing. Oh well. I'll try to dig up the scratch for this kit since it's what I always wanted.
Mike Todd
If i were you i would not sell Red Jammer.
If you built it instead you will surely love it,. like i said a few posts ago,..i think .Red Jammer is a special y-wing.

Updates.

I am still shipping kits regularly and will be staring the process of making new molds this week. No one is getting a compromised kit, 1rst molds are good for a few more kit castings, I will stop using them before they get into the danger zone.

Looks like there may be 2 very tiny parts that are missing from the first batch. I will be sorting it out ASAP with J and will need to send out a care package to everyone in that first batch.

I can't hold shipping kits during this process, i don't have the room to store them. More importantly there are to many GK that hold these things, then months and years go by for a tiny couple of parts. It's better that you guys have 99.99 % of the kit in hand, these are tiny, tiny add ons and you can build the entire kit without them and CA them on even after paint.

I don't plan on it taking long but the kids are off starting Friday and i have the week off with them. Once i get back i will start casting the care package stuff and start shipping them ASAP.

Unfortunately with a kit with this many parts it seems inevitable that there needs to be a follow up package to sort this out, I will get to it and ask for every ones patience in advance, I am only 1 guy and I currently have my hands beyond full at this moment.
thanks
mike

Lighting isn't hard.
Buy the pre-wired LED's off of eBay. I use ones set up for 12VDC.
Power with a 120VAC to 12DC power source. Like a cell phone charger.

Connect in parallel, positive leads connected to positive leads, negative to negative.
You can even buy flickering LED's....hook them up the same way. Not rocket science.
If you choose, you can use a circuit board, but you don't have to.

No no real magic to it.

Thanks for the info. Would you happen to have a link for the LEDs?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back