Luke's green TLJ lightsaber design thread

What's wrong with these arrows by KR Sabers (apart from the fact that there are few left in stock)?

Red: https://thesaberarmory.com/product/triangular-led-red/
Green: https://thesaberarmory.com/product/triangular-led-green/

I’m not sure they’re wrong but even Khal isn’t using them for his heros (to my knowledge)
All I know is Knullzero has previously done a fab job on arrows and PCBs and could be a valuable resource on a TLJ green saber run, rather than having Dan reinventing the wheel.

cheers,
es

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love a static hilt. FX would obviously be fine, but static is my preference.
So glad your doing this run,

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just the stock issue. As far as my research has shown, these are no longer produced by the manufacturer and so I don't want to design a box for arrows that can't be sourced by everyone.

Dan

Thanks Dan, that makes sense. Have we reached critical mass yet? :D I'm happy to support static if that's where the demand is.

I would be very interested in an FX version! Would it be specifically the TFA/TLJ model, or would you be able to switch emitters or blade holders to go from ROTJ to TLJ?

Here is the drawing for the control box. The arrows will be plastic inserts. The Brass rails will be have to be built by builders from 5/32 brass L stock.

tlj control box.jpg

Wicked! With the consumer have to source the control box card as well?

Are the arrows a tad large perhaps? It may be the overall scale of the box and orthographic view that throws off perception but to me they look a bit oversized.

If this is going to be an FX-ready saber I’d defintely love a bit more thought to the design of the rails, clamp card and possible activation.

Just my two cents, for what it’s worth.

Other than that, it’s all very exciting!

I want to make it as accurate as I can. And from evetything I've seen, it looks to me like the rails on the control box were brass L stock. I anyone has any info to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear it.

I want to make it as accurate as I can. And from evetything I've seen, it looks to me like the rails on the control box were brass L stock. I anyone has any info to the contrary, I'd be happy to hear it.

The rails did look like they were made from brass. I was really surprised when I saw that in the blu-ray.

I was thinking functionality and FX, static I don’t mind rails.
But maybe something clever could be machined to appear as rails and not telling?

If this run happens, do you think a twist-and-lock mechanism would be used? Similar to your latest V2? That would make for some epic crystal reveals.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back