ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

If there are broad tariffs on Chinese imports, prices for most of the Anovos products will increase. They won't just absorb the cost. It will be interesting to see how the pricing is for the next item they put up for preorder.

Since they use so many preorders, they need to anticipate what the costs will be to import the products months or longer into the future.

I seriously doubt there will be a sale on the stormtrooper kits. They seem to sell pretty well. Perhaps not at $900 though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yeah tariffs impact prices. Just not $450 to $900.

This is just Anovos reworking their commercial model.

i think you answered your own point on a future armour sale. They sure did sell well when they were $450 - but whats likely to happen to demand now they’ve doubled that price?

Cheers

Jez

I could have waited out the pre order but think about it. The shipping term ended and have not heard from ANOVOS at all. Silent. No shipping conformation or delay notice. I dont have patients for that. I would rather spend my money on stuff that will come to me or let me know what going on at least. It look 2 weeks to gt my refund which is better then a month I hear from other people.

First order pauldrons are being bumped from $119 to $250 (new manufacturer), the price hikes continue. Sounds like the FOTK kits are still on schedule.

Yeah tariffs impact prices. Just not $450 to $900.

This is just Anovos reworking their commercial model.

i think you answered your own point on a future armour sale. They sure did sell well when they were $450 - but whats likely to happen to demand now they’ve doubled that price?

Cheers

Jez
The price increase is from $650 to $900. I know they were available for $450 and even lower at some times, but that has been a while back. Costs do increase over time, but a $250 (approx 38%) increase is larger than expected. Hopefully this isn't the trend for other products.

The price increase is from $650 to $900. I know they were available for $450 and even lower at some times, but that has been a while back. Costs do increase over time, but a $250 (approx 38%) increase is larger than expected. Hopefully this isn't the trend for other products.

$450 was with out soft goods and the $650 was with soft goods. I remember clearly because I was not gonna spend $200 on black clothing! LOL

Was production previously in China? That would explain the dramatic increase in price. If so then this Location move is probably intended to expedite the production process as it seems like some Star Wars replicas are heavily delayed because only a few Chinese factories are preapproved for production by LFL.

They sent out an email update to those who had them on order. Production is being moved to the U.S., so future orders (if offered) will be at the higher price. Current orders are grandfathered.

whatever, either way the significant price rise isn’t down to increased import fees - which was your original suggestion

Cheers

Jez

Was production previously in China? That would explain the dramatic increase in price. If so then this Location move is probably intended to expedite the production process as it seems like some Star Wars replicas are heavily delayed because only a few Chinese factories are preapproved for production by LFL.
My assumption is that since they don't appear to have an on-site QC person they are having lots of issues with outsourcing production. Honestly if doubling their prices means US manufacturing, better QC and better turn-around it's probably for the better.

If they moved production from china to the US, we should be thankful the price didn't go up more quite frankly.

Overseas shipping or not, paying a US worker $10-15/hr (or more) shoots your price up a ton more than the chinese factory worker making 5-10 bucks a day.

I am flat out thankful that manufacturing has been moved the U.S. regardless (according to rumors at least). It was probably a mistake not to do this in the first place. High quality items and saving money do not mix. For instance, a good cowboy hat is around 800 bucks. Those of us still waiting for Anovos products might have them already were it not for people trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the process.

If they moved production from china to the US, we should be thankful the price didn't go up more quite frankly.

Overseas shipping or not, paying a US worker $10-15/hr (or more) shoots your price up a ton more than the chinese factory worker making 5-10 bucks a day.

Holy junk! $900 for the OT TK kit that you have to spend a LOT of time trimming and assembling?! Glad I got mine a few years ago. Sheesh.

SB

Tell you what, call a few shops in china and see how reliable of a timeframe you can get for a 3000 piece order. You're not a big enough fish to get a whole lot of committment from them. Someone comes with a 100k or 1M piece order (or more) and you get bumped down the line.

People act like it's a piece of cake to get it all done on time, and correctly with small orders. It isn't.

Same thing is a possibility with a US shop - unless it's a smaller US shop that needs/wants that business and makes them a priority client. But someone comes by with a major order, That's still likely going to take precedence.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back