Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
How did some of the stones go from fine gems to rough rocks all of a sudden? The power stone was a fine cut gem in GOTG. The mind stone was also a fine cut gem with a diamond shape. How did it become so large and round?

Makita-9403-Belt-Sander-Super-Duty-4-Inch100mm-3.jpg

This is not the movie to get attached to any hero or get to know any character except Thanos. There were 18 prior movies for us to get to know the heroes.

If the battles were shorter they would not be able to give every character their moments. Also, it does happen to be called Infinity War. What did you expect with a title like that?

Good job in missing the point.
Unlike some, I wasn’t upset by any character’s ‘death’ in this movie as they aren’t yet dead.

Good job in missing the point.
Unlike some, I wasn’t upset by any character’s ‘death’ in this movie as they aren’t yet dead.
No one is ever dead in comic books or their movies. Sorta Comics 101.

The fact Disney-Marvel was able to make me and so many others emotional and care about the deaths in IW was excellent storytelling and film making.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How did some of the stones go from fine gems to rough rocks all of a sudden? The power stone was a fine cut gem in GOTG. The mind stone was also a fine cut gem with a diamond shape. How did it become so large and round?
Magical stones change appearance slightly?

Really if you just interpet how Thanos crushed the Tesseract into a stone, that's all you really need to understand how they can change.

I loved the movie--- but would prefer in the future they not have so many mis-directs in the trailers.
My kid was excited about two of her favorites fighting together (which was in the trailer) but not in the actual film.

We just got home and man... I need time to process. I was definitely NOT prepared for the amount of feelings I would have during this movie. I don't care if you know there's a sequel to Homecoming on its way, if you don't get choked up by Peter pleading with Tony to somehow help him, you have no heart.

This movie fired on all cylinders and was absolutely amazing... but now I feel like I have to have difficult, potentially spoiler-ific conversations with friends at work who have small children that love these characters.
And compound that with the fact that it's apparent that mentoring Peter has affected Tony Stark to such a degree that he wanted to have a kid with Pepper.

Really if you just interpet how Thanos crushed the Tesseract into a stone, that's all you really need to understand how they can change.

The stone was in the tesseract. You could even see it. The tesseract itself was just a housing. Like the Orb.

Well, this is a movie where those stones can do things like literally rewrite reality and rewind time... why should their changing shape/appearing rougher be a breaking point? Maybe their nature is extremely malleable and they're reacting to Thanos' nature (appearing rougher, jagged, etc) and then to the gauntlet's aesthetics and governing influence (the mind stone reshaping itself) and changing themselves accordingly.

The stone was in the tesseract. You could even see it. The tesseract itself was just a housing. Like the Orb.

Umm... visions stone GREW once it went to the gauntlet. By.... a lot.

By the amorphous nature of the reality stone I think it can be surmised that the stones can occupy any shape and size at will. Housings simply allow them to be transportable.

Thinking ahead... Scarlet Witch winds up with Reality stone. Grief stricken over death of Vision, she goes mad and creates the Storyline for House of M.

Disney-Marvel acquires rights for X-men from Fox. Perfect opportunity to introduce X-men into main Marvel Cinematic universe with new Wolverine actor.

Boom!

Cmon guys, I think some of these gripes are pretty damn ridiculous. I know we are all nerds here, but JEEZ. Why do the infinity gems change size? Tonys Nanotech bothers you? None of the deaths seem permanent or arent impactful?! Gimme a BREAK. You do know these stories come from comic books right? Why would you want these to be grounded? That defeats the entire point! This movie was incredible, and I cannot WAIT until next summer. If you didnt feel an emotional beat when bucky says "steve" or when Peter was hanging on to Tony before he disappeared, then you have something wrong with you. Thors acting was awesome, Thanos was incredible, the fight scenes were amazing. This movie was so sleek, and well done, its SO hard to find a complaint. My only one is that Adam Warlock wasnt teased in the end. I would have bet my left arm he would have been, so I hope to GOD he is introduced in Captain Marvel.

Cmon guys, I think some of these gripes are pretty damn ridiculous. I know we are all nerds here, but JEEZ. Why do the infinity gems change size? Tonys Nanotech bothers you? None of the deaths seem permanent or arent impactful?! Gimme a BREAK. You do know these stories come from comic books right? Why would you want these to be grounded? That defeats the entire point! This movie was incredible, and I cannot WAIT until next summer. If you didnt feel an emotional beat when bucky says "steve" or when Peter was hanging on to Tony before he disappeared, then you have something wrong with you. Thors acting was awesome, Thanos was incredible, the fight scenes were amazing. This movie was so sleek, and well done, its SO hard to find a complaint. My only one is that Adam Warlock wasnt teased in the end. I would have bet my left arm he would have been, so I hope to GOD he is introduced in Captain Marvel.

A literal translation of the comic story to screen would warrant complaining about how "unrealistic" everything was, down to zombie Nebula being able to fit the Infinity Gauntlet at the end, to the bone structure of Mistress Death while floating around on a giant monument in the middle of space

I wouldn't call the Infinity Stones gripes. Just a point of discussion. Didnt know if it was deliberate or mistake.

Going to see IW for a 3rd time this week.

I think the soul stone will be used to bring back most of the dead characters. A soul for a soul. Maybe Stark, Cap, Thor, and 1 or 2 more sacrifice themselves for the souls stone to bring back others like Spiderman, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, etc.

If it's a 1:1 swap I have some guesses for how that goes down
Tony for Peter
Cap for Bucky
Nebula for Gamora
Okoye for Black Panther
Wong for Strange

The rest of the Guardians are trickier, since we lost all of them but Rocket. Do think Thor will swap for someone? Where are we in Helmsworth's contract?

Tony for Peter
Cap for Bucky
Nebula for Gamora
Okoye for Black Panther
Wong for Strange

The rest of the Guardians are trickier, since we lost all of them but Rocket. Do think Thor will swap for someone? Where are we in Helmsworth's contract?
Bingo. Dont forget Chris Helsmsworth is done after Avengers 4. So Thor too.

They said we dont trade lives how many times?

Tony for Peter
Cap for Bucky
Nebula for Gamora
Okoye for Black Panther
Wong for Strange

Good as guess as any if that's how it works.

I definitely see Stark sacrificing himself as RDJ doesn't need more $. You can still have Iron Man without RDJ.

Cap for Bucky makes sense for a dozen reasons. Not sure if Disney-Marvel wants to lose that character of Steve Rogers and could face fan alienation.

Black Panther will return after making a Billion+ on his first film. Simple economics there.

Disney-Marvel has plenty more stories to tell with un-tapped and re-patrioted characters (FF, X-Men). Killing off some "old" characters makes sense in the big picture.

I almost forgot Rhodey for Sam
Character-wise if Thor goes I guess he brings back Loki or Heimdal, not one of the SNAP characters. He doesn't know any of the Guardians well enough.
I'm surprised they took out both Mantis and Drax, one or the other seemed more likely. Rocket would definitely die for Groot, but then we lose Rocket.

Due to popularity, I think the Guardians will have their own special resolution to the Thanos/Gauntlet predicament.

I'll leave it up to Marvel's house of ideas to come up with that solution.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back