Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

When IS a good time for the wallet!?

I'm still looking forward to the run even if it is years away!

I get it... f course part of me is relieved. I have a few unfinished projects I want to get done, and throwing a couple of V2's on the pile wouldn't be great timing for my list or wallet.

The Luke V2 is such a bad ass looking saber, even mildly inaccurate ones are more awesome than anything else :)

Totally agree.

I always LOVED the ESB Graflex. As I was growing up, I thought the 'hero' was the ultimate ROTJ. It wasn't til Russ did his run that I even realized that there was a difference.:facepalm

Then I learned about the lever, & got even more confused.:confused

I ended up dropping out of the run for some reason, & I've been OBSESSED with getting one ever since. This week I found one here on the JY, & since I wasn't an expert, I asked a couple of members here to take a look & see if they knew who made it, & what their thoughts were. As I was waiting on their responses, I just kept staring at it, thinking about how much I couldn't wait to start weathering it, & ended up buying it anyways:D, accurate or not.

At least I have a placeholder til this run gets fired up.

...now just to find a lever & knob...:cry

If I'm not mistaken there is a member called the pastorjedi who sells levers and knobs for the V2 on the bay (not listed at the moment). Maybe you can contact him. You can find his webpage via google.
Wish you luck.

Thanks.

I sent him a PM, but he hasn't been on in about 3 weeks. I'll try to find his website.:thumbsup

The biggest revelations for me aside from it being machined, are:

Lever! The LEVER! the LEVER! My nemesis... we can finally ALMOST see what it looks like.

The Clamp Card: We've gotten it wrong this whole time

The cone knob: Diamond Knurled!

Emitter Face: CONFIRMED as I knew it was... FLAT

Grenade/Grip/RIbs: Uniform!

and the fact that this thing still exists is fantastic.

Questions still unsure of:

The aluminum chunk near the cone knob... (not a screw apparently as we had thought)

What parts move?

DImensions overall.

That Lever!!! Where's it come from and what does it really look like?

Lever! The LEVER! the LEVER! My nemesis... we can finally ALMOST see what it looks like.

The aluminum chunk near the cone knob... (not a screw apparently as we had thought)

What parts move?

DImensions overall.

Hey Scott, are you basing most of these details from the new pictures or did Brandon state them as fact somewhere?

the remark you made about the screw, being a chunk... Isn't that the edge of a cradle of a display stand? I did not see a direct shot of the "screw".

also about the emitter. I know the debate about flat and stepped has been going for years. I was wondering if anyone has ever considered that it was instead slightly concaved? It would explain the way the paint weathered away without seeing a defined edge.

I based my known list on what I was told directly or can see for sure.

The chunk I was referring to is where we thought a filister screw went. Brandon said it was a chunk of aluminum and not a screw.

Shrug.

Emitter section I still don't know why it weathered that way. I'm not sure what parts moved with the motor versus were static.

Last edited:
Are we seriously shure the grip rings are all even? That would negate the idea of "machining" the same metal cast as the shared stunt, and possibly suggest something different altogether..

What parts move?

DImensions overall.

If you need any details on that cone knob just ask!
kbtie14.jpg

What parts move?

DImensions overall.

On a related note, the transcript or website has an online store but the motor plate retainer nuts (cone knobs) are not on there. They didn't answer my emails, If anyone bought a set of 3, the way they come now, I'd happily buy one off you. Haha pm me please.

Edit:scrap that. He just emailed me, he's putting them up now.

Last edited:
Are we seriously shure the grip rings are all even? That would negate the idea of "machining" the same metal cast as the shared stunt, and possibly suggest something different altogether..

Brandon says they look uniform... I asked specifically if there were different depths and angles... he said they looked uniform. So I'm going off of that statement from him.

I need a real one! ^_^

My thoughts about this are that the main body may have been cast. But then afterward it was spun on a lathe and sanded down to remove the seamline which made the saber look cleaner and made the grips look more even.

We know the saber was hollowed out. So it would make sense that while they were drilling out the inside, they cleaned up the outside too.

Brandon says that the pommel was machined (could have been skimmed from the cast piece, could have been new stock, who can say)
Lone pigeon thinks the emitter might also have been machined. Since its a separate piece.

Thanks.

I sent him a PM, but he hasn't been on in about 3 weeks. I'll try to find his website.:thumbsup
@caz345 had some really nice levers for sale awhile back, to coincide with Russ' V2, run based on this pic:

219421_442066315844975_522145585_o.jpg

(I recently just altered mine to have a little lip on the end in light of these new photos)

Also, I too am looking for diamond knurled knob if we're just throwing things out there.

...The Clamp Card: We've gotten it wrong this whole time

Does that mean another run from you and Sloth?:p

Edit: a really rough, eyeballed mock up of the card attached, should it ever be taken into consideration.

Luke V2 Card AFBB.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

I think the main body could have possibly started as the same cast piece (it would make sense since they are so close), it's just been cleaned up more extensively than the other piece. There's no seam line remnants like on the other one, and there are machine marks on it - but those could just be from additional clean up.

About the grips - the spacing between each silver ring is not exactly even, but the silver rings themselves are a consistent width all the way around.

The pommel and emitter could well have been machined separately. The pommel has additional flanges that fit inside the main body of the saber and allow it to be secured, so I doubt it was from the same cast piece. The pommel still has a piece of blue fishing line in the groove where it meets the main body - this is from the scene where Luke "Force grabs" it from the Emperor's throne.

The emitter head spins freely. It is secured (by two allen screws at the end) to an internal rod that runs down into the chamber where the motor was. At this point the rod's only purpose is holding the emitter on. At one point a rod would have run from here to the motor, and I imagine both the emitter and blade were secured to it. There is gaffer's tape over the joint where the emitter connects to the main body, theoretically to prevent it from spinning (probably added for ROJ.)

I don't have any idea what the lever is from.

Very best,
Brandon

I think the main body could have possibly started as the same cast piece (it would make sense since they are so close), it's just been cleaned up more extensively than the other piece. There's no seam line remnants like on the other one, and there are machine marks on it - but those could just be from additional clean up.

I was wondering... If they stuck the cast piece in a lathe to for clean up, would it produce the machine marks you are talking about?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back