D-Projects: Logan's Run-Deep Sleep Gun Builds - Electronic Version

Re: Logan's Run : Deep Sleep Gun BCv3 Build

@Krisk - I spoke with Erv yesterday. The current run of Blaster Core v3.1 PCBs is sold out. He is focused on the BC v4 builds. I don't think Erv is ready to start building them yet as he is still working on the software. The new version 4 release will use WAV sound files rather than RAW. Along with other enhancements.

You may be able to get one via a WTB post in the Junkyard, if someone has some available.

Thanks Del,
I read Erv's forums last week and read that he was working on version 4.
I will post a WTB in the junkyard and maybe I will get lucky. If not, I can wait.

Tom

New aluminum side plates (rough cut) ready for final fitting on more of Nicksdad's LRDS guns.

263456_223311151036887_7797945_n.jpg

I like to mate them to the gun frames for a perfect fit.

Last edited:

Working on the shadow box display. This will be painted gloss black (just like all my others). In this case, since I want to play with it from time to time, the glass face plate will be removable.

I'm thinking a white on black background to better accent the DSFG (opposite of the pic). I'll probably with aluminum pegs also. Toss in some pics from the movie, maybe the movie poster, etc, etc..

Last edited:

EXTREMELY pretty!!!
I'm Logan's Run fan from the day it opened.
Now, if we could only get a DVD release of it as pretty as your gun....:angry

Very great Work Del !
Can you tell me the reference of your color that you was used for to paint your gun ? Thank you.

Very great Work Del !
Can you tell me the reference of your color that you was used for to paint your gun ? Thank you.

I actually used Rustoleum gloss black. It has excellent adhesion properties to metal. However, it didn't like the resin side panels for some reason. It worked great on the resin hand grips. This gives you the choice to have a nice, glossy, new looking DSFG or you can take some 3M Scotch-Brite pad to it for that used, weathered look, which is what I did. Once the paint is dry, you can handle it without worry that it will flake off and stuff.

Here is another example of this paint, using the same Scotch-Brite weathering method.
259884_220216158013053_5934163_n.jpg

If your looking for a parkerized weapon look, use high temp black stove paint.

Last edited:

OK, got the background colors done. The white on black highlights the DSFG better. I'm going to put a small version of the original movie poster inside and a shot of Logan firing the flame gun.

284359_229225113778824_100000740110316_735079_7854185_n.jpg

Final interior of the display.

283256_229476353753700_100000740110316_735625_6544267_n.jpg

Final interior of the display with glass front in place. Only thing to do now is paint the exterior and either hing the front or use some other method to make it open-able.

268229_229476377087031_100000740110316_735626_5261140_n.jpg

Del, your DS Flamegun is just fabulous ! I like very much ! Very great job ! :love

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back