Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I think whoever is doing the skeleton structure on the Bandai kits needs a rocket. The 1:350 scale Falcon is a very beautiful kit, with some really clunky internal engineering.

The 1/72 PG Bandai Falcon is a mess internally as well. Too many connecting points, and some interfere with other parts fitting properly.

I agree, particularly if you're a lighting freak, anything Bandai is nightmare...but not impossible
The 1/72 PG Bandai Falcon is a mess internally as well. Too many connecting points, and some interfere with other parts fitting properly.

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking that as well when I read it. I think Brit is BRIT, probably something specific on that side of the pond. They probably hear some of our sometimes and go...wtf?? :lol
Maybe I'm old (I am) but I've never heard the expression "needs a rocket" in my life. Is it a bad thing? I mean, I could use a rocket and that would be an awesome thing! :lol:cheers

Okay, we need a ruling on this -- because I've heard our Brit friends use "wizard" as an interjection. Was Kitster pulling that out of him bum or is it a Brit thing too? Is "needs a wizard rocket" going too far? ;)

dude, that's hysterical...LMAO:lol :thumbsup ..."we need a ruling on this"... "needs a wizard rocket"...priceless :lol:thumbsup
Okay, we need a ruling on this -- because I've heard our Brit friends use "wizard" as an interjection. Was Kitster pulling that out of him bum or is it a Brit thing too? Is "needs a wizard rocket" going too far? ;)

The only time we use a term like that in Northern Ireland,.....he needs a rocket up his arse,.....otherwise he needs to sort himself out & get a move on

J

Well now it sort of makes sense...I figured it was something "UK" that we weren't yet familiar with. Thanks Jaitea :thumbsup
The only time we use a term like that in Northern Ireland,.....he needs a rocket up his arse,.....otherwise he needs to sort himself out & get a move on

J

J

My neighbor and good friend is from Belfast. I haven't heard "rocket up his arse" but he often gets things sorted. He also thinks corn beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day here in the states is a joke. "Nobody back home eats that ****e." He sure likes to drink my beer though. :cheers

So I want to ditch the stock lighting on the engines for something brighter, but have no idea where to start. I have seen a few people on here and on YouTube use strip tape LEDs with their own power source. Anyone wanna post a link to what they used? Looking for bright white for the engine.

Thanks!

SB

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out...

Last edited:

I got a question,
So mine is going to be in the echo base hangar diorama, with low red lights tip of the mandibles, red clearance lamps, landing lights, landing gear wells, cockpit and gunner wells. obviously at the time they weren't headed out of the barn, I'm even going to attempt taking one of my MPC Chewy figures and bend the arms and legs (heat from soldering tip) and set up a "welding" light effect at that maintenance well as seen in ESB, so...extreme low engine lighting or none at all?

...OR, have it on a separate tiny push button interrupter switch hidden on the left lower hull? So I can turn it on if ever I wish...

Well.....it's starting.

This will be a slow build.

But I'm snipping, sanding, and organizing now
508bfadd15f33bcee0c0e9cb8917229a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My neighbor and good friend is from Belfast. I haven't heard "rocket up his arse" but he often gets things sorted. He also thinks corn beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day here in the states is a joke. "Nobody back home eats that ****e." He sure likes to drink my beer though. :cheers

Yep...I used to work on a Deli Dept years ago....It was mainly the older folk who bought corned beef.....'The stuff that won the War',.....'Bully beef'....'Horse meat'.....'Corned dog'

J

Man, I can't wait to get to mine. Gotta get through my Tamiya 1/24 Enzo first though, as if I stop now it'll never get done.

SB

a pal of mine asked me to paint his hasbro gigantic falcon. it’s such fun!! now i wanna build ANOTHER bandai PG!!!
C395343D-B575-4DE9-A73C-8D281DFC55B9.jpeg

I've been out of the loop for a bit, so I hope this hasn't already been discussed.

I've started using Mission Models paints including their Insignia White (FS 17875) and noticed it has a creamy/yellowy tinge to it. Has anyone used this paint and, in their opinion, how well would it work for a the Falcon base colour?

Thanks!

I've been out of the loop for a bit, so I hope this hasn't already been discussed.

I've started using Mission Models paints including their Insignia White (FS 17875) and noticed it has a creamy/yellowy tinge to it. Has anyone used this paint and, in their opinion, how well would it work for a the Falcon base colour?

Thanks!

That might be better for the ESB version of the Falcon. Tamiya Insignia White rattle can is a pretty good base colour for the ANH version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back