Jyn Erso Metal Blaster Parts

I've read somewhere that the Evike kit was designed from the Battlefront game imagery and is not screen accurate.

Is this correct?

There are quite a few details that are off or have been somewhat glossed over. However, at that price, it is hard to beat.

Yeah - it's pretty much the same deal as their DL-44. Plenty of inaccuracies, but for $200, it's a fantastic entrée to the world of replica blasters. After I bought my Evike DL-44 I caught the bug, and ended up building an ESB version mostly from Boba Debt parts too.

Thanks for the info guys. The price is attractive, however, I would rather one that is more screen accurate.

Ive been admiring your work on the other thread Art and see your going for more screen accurate too.

Think I’ll wait and see what becomes available on here in the future.

Just placed my pre-order! Ordered the separate custom Luger and add-on kit separately so I can tinker with it before assembly, aside from the sling swivel there's some stuff like the rear sight on the Luger will need some of the work.

I have no real idea. However I could image some possible problems.

1. It may not function as an airsoft (if that is something you are interested in) as it might be made so that the end of the muzzle butts against the kits muzzle.
2. The same set up as described above may also be needed for the kits stability.

Remember that I have no insight to the parts kit so neither of these may be true.

Speculation: If these are indeed true, one possible solution if you care about 2 but not 1 is to make an extension with a dowel rod in the barrel and a pipe like piece similar in diameter to the barrel.

Oh, I don't need it to function, there aren't many places I could take it around here to use it anyway. Either way, inaccuracies or not, it'll be much more accurate than the 3D printed one that I have. I'm not skilled enough with props to be that picky and will concentrate on making the soft goods uber-accurate; that's where my skill lies ;)

I'd already purchased the airsoft luger for a potential conversion project 6-8 months ago in anticipation that someone someday would make a metal barrel add-on. Didn't foresee that those fellas would actually do it themselves. Though not entirely movie accurate, I think for my own satisfaction level, with some grinding, weathering & paint I'll be able to live with it being close enough. Look forward to seeing Art & you other guy's real deal versions too.

This is one of my favorite blasters, I really do hope someday that there will be an accurate all metal kit run available....patiently waiting.

I have the kit and was wondering if someone knows the tap sizes needed for the screws that came with the kit? the kit does not come with instructions and I believe these are metric .
2i2a911.jpg

Last edited:
I have the kit and was wondering if someone knows the tap sizes needed for the screws that came with the kit? the kit does not come with instructions and I believe these are metric .
View attachment 783760

You could always take them to a place like Home Depot and test them in those thread type displays they have.

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of my favorite blasters, I really do hope someday that there will be an accurate all metal kit run available....patiently waiting.

Is it it just me or does this type of build just scream @Boba Debt Active Project.

It would be, but my machinist has informed me that he can no longer do the small runs we require.

Business has picked up so much that he has a lot of new "machine operators" and he can not devote as much time as is needed to make sure my runs go smoothly.

They are going to finish my ESB project and might do the bowcaster knobs and maybe an annual Mauser run but new projects are off the table.

It took a long time to find a shop that understood the nuances of the parts we need and I just don't want to start over again with a new shop, especially since most of the pricing would be cost prohibitive.

This is such sad news...

It would be, but my machinist has informed me that he can no longer do the small runs we require.

Business has picked up so much that he has a lot of new "machine operators" and he can not devote as much time as is needed to make sure my runs go smoothly.

They are going to finish my ESB project and might do the bowcaster knobs and maybe an annual Mauser run but new projects are off the table.

It took a long time to find a shop that understood the nuances of the parts we need and I just don't want to start over again with a new shop, especially since most of the pricing would be cost prohibitive.

giphy.gif

View attachment 783760

What I did was to try to put the screws in first without the shroud to help remove excess paint and then remove them, put the shroud on then but the screws back in. plus there is always the Armorer works facebook group that is admined by one of AW's techs https://www.facebook.com/groups/armorerworks
But as for the threads, I would go to a place that specializes in machine screws and yes they are most likely in metric because the gun itself is Made in Taiwan (most airsoft guns are either made in Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, and China. While some companies make their guns elsewhere like NPO makes their guns in Russia, and Echo 1 Makes them in the US but still use metric screws)
why do you need new screws for it?

Last edited:
Screw sizes on the AW kit are 3mm and 2.5mm. I'm switching the hardware on mine out and replacing the ones on top with socket set screws to more closely resemble the original. I'd love to see a more accurate kit produced but this version is still quite satisfying in the meantime.

Ok cool, thanks for the sizes! I was on the Facebook page of AW and pm'ed the admin with my question twice with no response.
If I was working with the luger that AW modified this would be a cake walk but Im using one of my WE navy lugers for this build. I hope I can find the small metric taps for these screws.
Also I am trying to figure out how to mill off the right side faux sling loop mount without a mill and not FUBAR the finish on that bracket.

Ok, I just pulled the trigger on the Evike.com Erso blaster. With free three day shipping I'll have it Friday. I'm looking forward to it.
Every review I've read has been good. Now is there anyone willing to start a run of MR style stands or cases for them???

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back