Show off your Borderlands props!

Damn that's pretty. What's your length on the piece?

Photos like this make me really want to start my build!
Almost 24" exactly. I know the Gearbox/Project Triforce Moxxi model will supposedly be 29", which seems really long for a SMG.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am really excited to see how your build turns out.

That will be so awesome, Maliwan weapons are my favorite especially because of the design and aesthetics so seeing all that hype surrounding it lately makes me happy :)On a side note i need some help with finding high-res images of those screens on the sides, the references i seem to find are blurry and in-game screenshots aren't clear as well.

That will be so awesome, Maliwan weapons are my favorite especially because of the design and aesthetics so seeing all that hype surrounding it lately makes me happy :)On a side note i need some help with finding high-res images of those screens on the sides, the references i seem to find are blurry and in-game screenshots aren't clear as well.
Too true, Amir.

Here is an update on my Sub-Malevolent Grace build to add fuel to the fire.

That is looking awesome!!!

There is my claptrap puppet I have been working on. Sadly it had to be moved to the back burner, due to a move and I no longer have a garage to work in. IMG_20140805_204204_963.jpgIMG_20140805_204224_366.jpg

I need to grab a few updated photos of it.

RossAthey Thank you! We needed some of that claptrap goodness on this thread. I hope for the best that you will be able to finish it; it sucks when workspace is taken away from you and projects are put on hold because of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome to see all of this great work happening people!
That "official gearbox" SMG is interesting. Youre all right, it would be super heavy for a convention prop, but the LEDs is at least good for the huge price tag. There seems to hhvae been a good touch as well, but that's now plastered with SOLDOUT!!!!! :mad: signs. Regardless, it's about time Gearbox got around to it :p

bl2_good_touch-1.jpg

Personally, I'm working my way through an SMG build too. I'm building it in three pieces (just for fun) and at the moment, teaching myself Arduino for the lighting and spinning magazine. As I type, the glue is drying on the foam I'm using to fill in the gaps. Expect a forum thread soon.
DSCF5843.JPGDSCF5842.JPG

MisterLamont I was wondering when you would start your Maliwan SMG and it's seems that time has come! I'm really intrigued to see what you come up with for the spinning mag; I plan to teach myself Arduino as well when I get the time to for the very same reason.

drjag The time has indeed come. For the mag I was thinking a stepper motor (will need to be pretty torque-ey) powering an MDF disc with magnets in that sticks to the mag. With a stepper and a bit of coding it should spin normally when the mag is engaged, turn off when it isn't, and spin much faster when the trigger is pulled. :?

And maybe some sounds too... and DEFINITELY LEDs that turn on and off with the mag as in the game.

But that is if everything goes to plan.
Keep your eyes peeled mate.

I've made a borderlands 1/2 psycho mask, but I don' t know how to upload photos here, could you tell me please?

It depends on where the image has been uploaded. For instance, if you posted an image of the mask on an image sharing website, (like Photobucket or Flickr) you'll need to copy the URL of the image and paste it when you post a comment, or you can simply click the "Insert image" icon that's above the bar when you're commenting and find the image on your computer.

any body have any plans to do something from the Pre-Sequel? I am making up some blueprints for a Maliwan laser railgun. I'll post up a pick later.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back