Game of Thrones

My wife also mentioned the whole thing about how we aren't in Mereen anymore. I am so glad to be DONE with the "Dany in Iraq" storyline. Ugh. What a drag that was, because it just didn't feel like any of it mattered.

I think it mattered because we see how she (Dany) is learning and growing as a ruler. She's made some big mistakes, but she always learns from them.

Maybe by the end of it all Dany will go back and rule Essos.
That's what I want to see, honestly.
She has much more in common with the people over there than she does with the Westerosi.

I wonder what priceless gift Euron will find for Cersei? What one thing does she desire more than anything else?

My money is on the capture of Tyrion.

Great start to the season BTW. I loved how it pretty much picked up right where it left off. I watched all of season 6 again over the last couple days and it blended perfectly into the new season.

I seriously doubt it will be the horn. Don't think that's being introduced in the show. It will either be Theon\Yara or maybe even Ellaria.

I think it mattered because we see how she (Dany) is learning and growing as a ruler. She's made some big mistakes, but she always learns from them.

I suppose. Still felt like it dragged on too long.

I wonder what priceless gift Euron will find for Cersei? What one thing does she desire more than anything else?

My money is on the capture of Tyrion.

Great start to the season BTW. I loved how it pretty much picked up right where it left off. I watched all of season 6 again over the last couple days and it blended perfectly into the new season.

I lean towards Tyrion, too, although I find that disappointing.

Playing off of the "Maggy the Frog" prophecy, here's my theory:

Cersei is given a prophecy, which we see at the start of Season 5 or 6 or so, where Maggy says that she will marry the king and become queen. He will have 10 children, and she will have 3. Gold will be their crowns, and gold will be their shrouds. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

"Valonqar" in High Valyrian means "little brother." Cersei has always interpreted this to mean that Tyrion will kill her, which is (people believe) a big part of why she hates him so much. But the thing to remember is that Jaime is actually a few minutes younger than Cersei. So, my theory is that Cersei will capture Tyrion, torture him, and will be about to kill him when Jaime will intercede and choke the life from her. Another regicide for him.

The alternative is that the "Valonqar" is someone female. Someone heading to King's Landing even now.

That could be Dany (which I think is unlikely), or it could be Arya. If it's Arya, you could end up getting a "twofer" if she kills Jaime and takes his face just to get close enough to kill Cersei (the giveaway would probably be that she'd lose the golden hand to do the choking). Arya is, after all, the younger of the two Stark girls who went missing after Ned's execution.

I suppose. Still felt like it dragged on too long.

I lean towards Tyrion, too, although I find that disappointing.

Playing off of the "Maggy the Frog" prophecy, here's my theory:

Cersei is given a prophecy, which we see at the start of Season 5 or 6 or so, where Maggy says that she will marry the king and become queen. He will have 10 children, and she will have 3. Gold will be their crowns, and gold will be their shrouds. "And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."

"Valonqar" in High Valyrian means "little brother." Cersei has always interpreted this to mean that Tyrion will kill her, which is (people believe) a big part of why she hates him so much. But the thing to remember is that Jaime is actually a few minutes younger than Cersei. So, my theory is that Cersei will capture Tyrion, torture him, and will be about to kill him when Jaime will intercede and choke the life from her. Another regicide for him.

The alternative is that the "Valonqar" is someone female. Someone heading to King's Landing even now.

That could be Dany (which I think is unlikely), or it could be Arya. If it's Arya, you could end up getting a "twofer" if she kills Jaime and takes his face just to get close enough to kill Cersei (the giveaway would probably be that she'd lose the golden hand to do the choking). Arya is, after all, the younger of the two Stark girls who went missing after Ned's execution.

My instincts say Tyrion's head. But just capturing him would last longer, so maybe that's the ticket. I'd forgotten about the prophecy.

.For those of you suggesting that Euron's gift to Cersei will be Tyrion, there was a through-line in the books where Cersei puts a bounty out on Tyrion and there were a number of scenes of her having to deal with random idiots trying to get rich quickly by bringing her the head of any dwarf they found. While this would be a complete waste of time in the show, if Euron did do something like this, i would laugh my ass off.

Another contender for the Valonquar title is (admittedly this is a stretch)... Ghost.

It was Cersei who directly instigated the events that led to the deaths of four of the dire wolves. Cersei demanded Lady's life be taken for Nymeria biting Joffrey. The Red Wedding saw an end to Grey Wind. Summer and Shaggydog were killed after fleeing Winterfell in advance of the betrayal by Theon.

Given that he was the runt of the litter, he's technically the "little brother."

Another contender for the Valonquar title is (admittedly this is a stretch)... Ghost.

It was Cersei who directly instigated the events that led to the deaths of four of the dire wolves. Cersei demanded Lady's life be taken for Nymeria biting Joffrey. The Red Wedding saw an end to Grey Wind. Summer and Shaggydog were killed after fleeing Winterfell in advance of the betrayal by Theon.

Given that he was the runt of the litter, he's technically the "little brother."

It's a fun theory but the quote from Maggy the Frog says: "... And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
Ghost doesn't have hands.

It's a fun theory but the quote from Maggy the Frog says: "... And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
Ghost doesn't have hands.

Like I said, it's a stretch...

However, visions rarely state things as they truly are, tending to go more on mysterious ambiguity and double meanings.

I think Euron's gift may be taking the Reach or possibly Dorne

The Reach includes Highgarden and Old Town (I think in ADWD the Iron Borne are raiding Old Town)

Jamie mentioned to Cersei that they need the Reach in order to be able to supply their army and I am sure Euron can deduce the same thing

On the other hand taking Dorne would also remove that threat as well as getting justice for Myrcella and could prove an easier target

I don't think it will be Tyrion's head. It wouldn't make much sense
If he is going to bother taking on Dany's forces just to get to her hand Tyrion, he might as well try outright eliminating Dany instead. That would be the much better gift

The other option of course is the dragon binding horn which could make taking out Dany possible

One other possibility, although kind of far-fetched, is giving her Gendry, the last of Robert Baratheon's legitimate heirs, Maybe Gendry rowed into Euron's fleet and Euron found out who he was?

Looking at the episode descriptions in the guide, part of episode 3's description is
"...Cersei returns a gift..." if that is Euron's gift, and it is Gendry, she might not have thought it such a useful gift

The more I think about it, I think it will be Ellaria Sand. She's the one directly responsible for Myrcella's death and there were 2 glimpses of Ellaria in the preview for next week's show. Once at Dragonstone and one with Yara. Its possible she set sails with Yara since they seem to be so cozy with each other and thats when Euron captures them.

^^It also takes care of something Euron wants as well. He gets Yara, Cersei gets Ellaria

He probably figured since they aligned themselves with Dany they are either going to the Reach or Dorne

I think Euron's gift may be taking the Reach or possibly Dorne

The Reach includes Highgarden and Old Town (I think in ADWD the Iron Borne are raiding Old Town)

Jamie mentioned to Cersei that they need the Reach in order to be able to supply their army and I am sure Euron can deduce the same thing

On the other hand taking Dorne would also remove that threat as well as getting justice for Myrcella and could prove an easier target

I don't think it will be Tyrion's head. It wouldn't make much sense
If he is going to bother taking on Dany's forces just to get to her hand Tyrion, he might as well try outright eliminating Dany instead. That would be the much better gift

The other option of course is the dragon binding horn which could make taking out Dany possible

One other possibility, although kind of far-fetched, is giving her Gendry, the last of Robert Baratheon's legitimate heirs, Maybe Gendry rowed into Euron's fleet and Euron found out who he was?

Looking at the episode descriptions in the guide, part of episode 3's description is
"...Cersei returns a gift..." if that is Euron's gift, and it is Gendry, she might not have thought it such a useful gift

The Reach would make sense strategically. It'd pull Highgarden away from the Crownlands and force it to defend itself. Plus, although the Ironborn ships shown on the show are deeper hulled vessels, they may have more shallow boats capable of navigating rivers. The Reach has a ton of rivers that would let you raid pretty far inland (this is how the Vikings managed to sack Paris).

The more I think about it, I think it will be Ellaria Sand. She's the one directly responsible for Myrcella's death and there were 2 glimpses of Ellaria in the preview for next week's show. Once at Dragonstone and one with Yara. Its possible she set sails with Yara since they seem to be so cozy with each other and thats when Euron captures them.

That'd make sense, too.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back