Tour De Pharmacy

MooCriket

Master Member
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_Pharmacy

Anyone else catch this on HBO? Could be the collusion I've done with Vodka and white Russians earlier tonight, but I thought it was hilarious! For me the scene stealers were Kevin Bacon, James Marsden, , and JOHN CENA!

Only wish they didn't have Armstong in it. Hope Sandberg does some more sports documentaries. Would live to see one done on soccer or boxing.

Gotta catch this one!

So the Boss was in it?

Love him or hate him Armstrong represents the USA's win at all costs mentality

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_de_Pharmacy

Anyone else catch this on HBO? Could be the collusion I've done with Vodka and white Russians earlier tonight, but I thought it was hilarious! For me the scene stealers were Kevin Bacon, James Marsden, , and JOHN CENA!

Only wish they didn't have Armstong in it. Hope Sandberg does some more sports documentaries. Would live to see one done on soccer or boxing.

I have t seen it yet but being in the cycling community this has been all the rage as of late! And the Tour is happening right now so far appropriate timing.

I caught the tail end of it the other night, I thought the Armstrong bits were the best next to the Cena "I can ride fast!" bit.

I'm glad that Lance can find a bit of levity in his situation after having been run through the wringer for so long by the media.

I caught the tail end of it the other night, I thought the Armstrong bits were the best next to the Cena "I can ride fast!" bit.

I'm glad that Lance can find a bit of levity in his situation after having been run through the wringer for so long by the media.

Lol, I like Cena's line: "just because I have the blood of a chee-ta, does not make me a chee-ta" :lol
As for Armstrong, he publicly smeared people and continued to lie. He has reaped what he deserved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_LeMond_anti-doping_stance_and_controversies

Can't wait for more people to watch his, so we can discuss the finer points of this film, such a Ju Ju Pepe riding a bike dead with his weiner hanging out.

Was there a "Just because my wee-ner was hanging out, does not make me a wee-ner!" line? heeheehee! :lol

That must have been in the first half of the flick.

As far as Armstrong is concerned, I think he's had his fill of "Just Deserts". I wish the best for the guy, and hope he invested the money he had made wisely, because he won't be making that kind of money again. I just loved watching him race up the mountains is all, clean or not, it was impressive. I haven't had that kind of interest in watching the Tour de France since the whole fiasco began. In fact, I think I watched 10 minutes of this year's Tour, and that's the first time I've watched any of it since Lance won his 7th.

I liken it to watching the Home Run Derby... if Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds weren't on steroids, would the show have been as impressive? Probably not. Was it cheating, yes. Did it make it more entertaining, yes. Should we discount their records, yes. Should we say it wasn't an impressive show, no. The only reason I watch the Home Run Derby is to see the ball fly out of the stadium, I don't watch it to count the number of balls that do so for a record.

Please note, I'm not condoning doping, nor steroid use, I just loved watching the guy ride his bike, and the other guys swing their bats, and I gave them the benefit of the doubt until they admitted their wrong-doing. And though I acknowledge that I know now that they were cheating back then, at the time I was watching them achieve amazing victories I didn't know they were. I choose not to let that acknowledgement tarnish the sense of "WOW!" and wonder I felt back then (just that part of it), and I look forward to the day when some average Joe steps up and does it clean and gives me that same sense of "WOW!" and wonder and we can acknowledge that Joe as the greatest ever to do so.

Lance is GOD PERIOD! :lol

No one will EVER do what he did, and yes he is the biggest arse-hole you would ever want to meet.

Okay, just finished it.

I laughed a lot. It was pretty funny. I particularly lost it when Chris Webber said "I totally understand what Slim did, sometimes you just need a timeout." That was just too much for me, man...I cracked up.

Lance was my hero when I was a kid.
He used to train on Peak To Peak Highway - him and the whole team. I don't know who it was, US Olympic team? US Tour de France team?
I used to love seeing them biking their way across the mountains. My parents didn't because they took up the whole road and really threw a wrench in our plans if we had to be somewhere on time.
Learning he was doping the whole time really crushed me, and I gave up my dream of racing in the TdF.

Wish I had HBO so I could watch this. I love a good mockumentary.

Lance was my hero when I was a kid.
He used to train on Peak To Peak Highway - him and the whole team. I don't know who it was, US Olympic team? US Tour de France team?
I used to love seeing them biking their way across the mountains. My parents didn't because they took up the whole road and really threw a wrench in our plans if we had to be somewhere on time.
Learning he was doping the whole time really crushed me, and I gave up my dream of racing in the TdF.

Wish I had HBO so I could watch this. I love a good mockumentary.

Depending on when it was probably the US Postal Team. Lance got his start in my sport of triathlon. My Mom was very involved with US Triathlon in the '80's and early '90's and chaperoned a youth tri camp once and Lance was there as a teenager.

My wife and I love watching Le Tour, it's on right now, but the sport is still dirty. Froome apparently punched 6.3 watts/KG for 22min the other day after getting a flat. That's so far beyond what a person should be able to do that it strains credibility.

I think it always will be, it's what happens when big money gets involved in a sport.

What gets me is the hypocrisy and the singling out of it.

What do people think goes on in the Nfl

The NFL's only real problem is that they either can't, or don't care to, test for HGH. Players say that steroid use is way down, but some say that half of the guys on the league are using HGH...which is just absurd.

That said...

...in a sport where pretty much everyone is cheating, then why does it matter if one man is cheating? Armstrong gave himself an advantage, most of his serious competition gave themselves an advantage, and he still beat them all...over and over again. I find it hard to believe he was just a better cheater...I personally think that he was the better athlete and given an even playing field, everyone clean or everyone doping, he'd have beaten them.

Last edited:
In a nustshell exactly.... Lances 7 years those whole Tours were wiped, no one was declared the winner because they could'nt find a clean rider.

No one or Team for that matter prepared for the Tour like Lance, and even then he almost failed a few times

I don't think anyone will ever beat his record which still stands imo

...in a sport where pretty much everyone is cheating, then why does it matter if one man is cheating? Armstrong gave himself an advantage, most of his serious competition gave themselves an advantage, and he still beat them all...over and over again. I find it hard to believe he was just a better cheater...I personally think that he was the better athlete and given an even playing field, everyone clean or everyone doping, he'd have beaten them.

I'm watching as we speak and went into it thinking it was something totally different

Enjoying it so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back