Bandai release schedule

p-bandai.jp only accepts a Japanese address so I had it set as the Tenso forwarding address

I contacted Amazon Pay and they couldn't work out why my CC wasn't being verified, I even spoke to my bank who said it should be fine. It was all too hard in the end :(

Odd. Sorry about that.
:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was someone saying all GG's lightsabers looked the same?:

DDjFCiHXYAE5Cov.jpg

They are also saying only a few 1/72 Falcons remain from the initial release.

Snap Jango Slave 1 build, highlighting differences from the Boba version:

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/bandai_slavejango.html
I have no idea how accurate these are to the filming models (whether practical or CG) but, except for a few little details here and there that only we obsessive lunatics would notice, the main differences appear to be the colors of the various external panels. Take the colors out of the equation, and they're almost identical. So is it wrong that I still prefer the Boba Fett version by such a wide margin? :lol

I have no idea how accurate these are to the filming models (whether practical or CG) but, except for a few little details here and there that only we obsessive lunatics would notice, the main differences appear to be the colors of the various external panels. Take the colors out of the equation, and they're almost identical. So is it wrong that I still prefer the Boba Fett version by such a wide margin? :lol

Just as wrong as when I buy my second 144 scale Slave 1 so I have both versions!:lol

The comparison photos between the two versions show an amazing difference in panel lines between the two. This is a surprise to me since while Boba did modify and add his own touches- some parts which would be identical (like the shoulder pods above the wings) have a different panel setup for not obvious reason...

It appears that the 1/72 Falcon, initial run, has sold out in Japan. Sounds like they *may* offer more (or I could just be reading into a bad translation):

Rough translation:

PERFECT GRADE Millennium Falcon August quarters, per popular request was closed! Next month-in while your application for admission, so stay tuned. As soon as the decision Announces on twitter, HP, etc.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/881831196589572096

Last edited:
The comparison photos between the two versions show an amazing difference in panel lines between the two. This is a surprise to me since while Boba did modify and add his own touches- some parts which would be identical (like the shoulder pods above the wings) have a different panel setup for no obvious reason...

Here is the translation from the order page:

This product has limited production readiness for this time.
As soon as the preparation quantity has been reached, the reservation application reception will be terminated. Please note.

"Notice" This product is very popular, The shipping amount reached the production preparation number in August 2017, and the application reception ended.

Reception is being adjusted by shipping in the following month.
We will inform you at the hobby online shop as soon as it is decided. Please wait for a while now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The comparison photos between the two versions show an amazing difference in panel lines between the two. This is a surprise to me since while Boba did modify and add his own touches- some parts which would be identical (like the shoulder pods above the wings) have a different panel setup for no obvious reason...

Slave 1 had a crash in an episode of Clone Wars that was bad enough to imply that it had to be fully rebuilt before its next appearance (where it had the ESB look). So it could make sense that all the housings/plating on the outside are replacements from a different ship in the same class, rather than just paint.

As mentioned, there's a in-universe answer to this (Jango's ship crashed and it was either rebuilt or Boba simply named a new version the same name). As to why the two models look different, the answer is no different than why no two of the Falcon or star destroyer models look exactly alike. It's just film production economics and the human fallibility of different teams of artists.

I'm too lazy to look, but is the AOTC Slave I's panel lines completely different or just on the model. I can't believe they'd be that lazy on the movie. OTOH, there's the movie Blockade Runner... I thought TCW crash was supposed to just explain the new paint job and weapon refit?

Here is the translation from the order page:

This product has limited production readiness for this time.
As soon as the preparation quantity has been reached, the reservation application reception will be terminated. Please note.

"Notice" This product is very popular, The shipping amount reached the production preparation number in August 2017, and the application reception ended.

Reception is being adjusted by shipping in the following month.
We will inform you at the hobby online shop as soon as it is decided. Please wait for a while now.
But what does that mean?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too lazy to look, but is the AOTC Slave I's panel lines completely different or just on the model. I can't believe they'd be that lazy on the movie.

I don't think any of us are in a position to judge their work as laziness. Having worked on a few films myself, in roles lowly to important, I can say that people work damn hard, even on movies that in the end might not be masterpieces. On all movies, filmmakers have to pick and choose where they allocate resources. They have budgets, they have deadlines, sometimes they have to do the best they can to get something on screen and move on to the next problem. In the OT, the Falcon changed details from shot to shot depending on what model was being used or whether it was a matte painting or the full-sized set. Some of those differences were far more obvious than the panel lines on Slave I v2.0. Did it make any of us love the Falcon any less? Were those artists "lazy"? On Slave I, I'd say they got more right than wrong, especially considering it was intended to be an earlier (therefore newer) version of the ship.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back