EFX DARTH VADER ANH PCR HELMETS (SPECIAL and STANDARD EDITIONS)

So I'd love to know this: I read somewhere in these 35 pages that the lenses are not accurate for ANH. At this point of time there's so much info everywhere I don't know where to look. But what would be a set of accurate lenses for an ANH helmet? I'm in the proces of upgrading my efx helmet and I'd love to be pointed in the right direction. I know from experience in another section of this prop replica hobby how annoying it can be that someone asks for something. BUt for SW I just don't know where to look. Thanks in advance :)
I don't think there is a consensus on the ANH lenses. Some say they were reddish and others say they were grey and the reddish color is Prowse's skin showing through.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I don't think there is a consensus on the ANH lenses. Some say they were reddish and others say they were grey and the reddish color is Prowse's skin showing through.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I've read those comments, well Prowse wrote in his autobiography that they were red. Changed from gray down to red. It's not his skin showing through there's definitely an amber/red look to them and Hd images show that. My question was more along the lines of "if these lenses are not the most accurate" "well which ones are" :) Thanks for the reply I appreciate it :)

Just wondering, about how long does it take to receive the special edition, once ordered? Thinking about getting one, but not if it takes forever. Thanks.

Thanks guys still not finished, haven't even touched the dome yet, but looks good for the money.
Most importantly it's the right size which is the biggest problem with even good Vader casts :)

Hey Spacebob :) I was wondering if you ever got the dome painted as well? I'd love to see the updated between September and now.

Just got my SE from Touch of Modern. It is the second run with the thin c scar, not a missing scar as they show in their photos. As I said before, I think they edited it out of their photos thinking it was a defect. Overall I love it! Here's a badly lit photo.

IMG_9737.JPG

Got mine today. I want to remove the c scar, is there a way to remove it without sanding? I don't really care to have it at all so much. The helmet itself is amazing. Anyone that tells you it's paper thin is exaggerating. It's a solid helmet. As solid as an abs Stormtrooper helmet. It really looks the part as well. There is a little flaw on the left (facing it) brow, that I'm thinking of sanding down but I might just leave it alone. I'm not sure I could get the plastic back to that nice polish afterward.

Mine has a few ripples near the right forehead that I'm not sure are supposed to be there, but they don't bug me.

IMG_9757.JPGIMG_9755.JPGIMG_9750.JPG

Thanks for sharing these! I was kinda torn between getting a standard or a special fx , but importing it into Europe would've been hell. I see it's only the brushstrokes on the silver areas. They also painted/ started out in the gun metal grey base. I got a standard that I am going to have repainted :) Thanks to spacebob's posts a few pages back I think have a ggood idea how to go about it. Will posts updates as I go along.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's not really that thin, but it does feel extremely plasticy. I think you mean a flaw on the dome right? I think they only way to remove it would involve you repaintng the entire dome.

Hey...sorry to rehash this thread (I'm terrified of asking a question that's been asked before, but I've just spent an hour scouring this thread and cannot find my answer, so I'm going to ask anyways!):

I started collecting Vader helmets about twenty years ago and just recently got back in the game and want one of these special edition eFx helmets. But back in this thread someone said the Vader eFx helmet is really cheap...

On the other hand... man does it feel cheap! Hits me in the gut every time I pick it up!

I obviously know the eFx helmet is not fiberglass, so it thus is not as heavy...but is it really that flimsy or cheap? I mean, does the helmet/crown bow or anything when squeezed? It looks like pretty thick plastic. It can't be any flimsier than my old DP Classic Action, no?

Or can anyone tell me the approx. weight of it?

Thanks so much for your help!

I mean you can KIND of squeeze the neck, and if you press on the sides of the helmet flanges it will creak a bit, but its certainly not flimsy.

Hey...sorry to rehash this thread (I'm terrified of asking a question that's been asked before, but I've just spent an hour scouring this thread and cannot find my answer, so I'm going to ask anyways!):

I started collecting Vader helmets about twenty years ago and just recently got back in the game and want one of these special edition eFx helmets. But back in this thread someone said the Vader eFx helmet is really cheap...

I obviously know the eFx helmet is not fiberglass, so it thus is not as heavy...but is it really that flimsy or cheap? I mean, does the helmet/crown bow or anything when squeezed? It looks like pretty thick plastic. It can't be any flimsier than my old DP Classic Action, no?

Or can anyone tell me the approx. weight of it?

Thanks so much for your help!
I have the same questions! Bump.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for the info....but can anyone ballpark guess as to why the original poster said that the helmets felt "cheap?" Is it simply because it doesn't have the weight of fiberglass? I've never thought my DP Classic Action felt cheap, even after I bought my first fiberglass helmet. I guess I just wonder what the op chose the phrase "cheap."

This helmet is not flimsy, not paper thin, and if someone tells you it is, they are being ridiculously picky. It's a solid sturdy helmet and it's lightweight. Shipped, in the box, with all the packing materials, the box shipped was nearly 8 lbs and I'm sure the helmet probably weighs about 6-7, maybe. It's a good helmet that people hate on too much.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back