Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

In the scene where luke walks up to r2 and they look at the training temple go up is luke crawling on his knees? It looks like and odd limp in his walk and he looks size wise the same height as r2? What is that I am seeing there?

Pablo has written entire books that were the EU compendiums. He's been involved since the early 90s. He got hired by Lucasfilm almost 20 years ago. He knows the old EU well.

- - - Updated - - -

But they put it in the hands of the people who do. There's not some Disney board meeting micromanaging what happens to each character.

- - - Updated - - -

You can be a gray force-user but you're not a Jedi.

But the current creative people in charge of guiding this process are for all intents and puposes are batting 1000 with TFA and R1 and I think they will land TLJ as well based on what I know and have seen. And you not liking it isn't an indictment, it's just a leaf in the wind.

My little brother and I came up with more creative sequels to "Return of the Jedi" with our Kenner toys in our sandbox. At least we had the guts to call our sandbox "Tatooine".

And yes, STAR WARS is for kids.

Could not agree with with more.
I had my era and loved it.
Now my love for the franchise has new meaning, by watching my nephews and nieces fall in love with it as I did.
I'm more than willing to surrender my own wants to a new era of imagery and storytelling that is aimed to capture the minds and imagination of our youth.
I only wish they will embrace it and then pass it on when the next generation begins.

On a side note...
All this talk about Luke and Rey being "heroes" is a matter of opinion.
Vader was always my hero as Kylo has become the hero to my nephew.
Darkside for life!
Long live the Empire!
:p
Robert

In spite of the fact that I waited until after 10 on Tuesday and actually went to the theater to buy the tickets, I still got a pair of reasonably good seats for a 9:30 show (although I had to settle for a 3-D showing, which I did not want).

Oh, and grey Jedi are stupid. Jedi are of the light and Sith are of the dark. Anakin slaughtering Tuskens was part of his fall to the dark side. There is no grey area on the slaughter of innocents. That's one part of the EU that should stay gone.

poster_sw_tlj.jpg

poster sw tlj.jpg

I think one of the issues with Chewie, and other Wookies from the prequels, is that they have gotten too good at making the costumes.

In the scene where luke walks up to r2 and they look at the training temple go up is luke crawling on his knees? It looks like and odd limp in his walk and he looks size wise the same height as r2? What is that I am seeing there?

Hey JBLAKE ! It looks to me like Luke walked up to R2-D2 from behind, then dropped to his knees beside R2. We saw this in the first TLJ Trailer too. And also here...

f2-4.jpg

And has anyone else thought this...
KnightsOfRen_TFA.png

Looks like it may have been a premonition for this...
Luke Skywalker - The Last Jedi - vs The Knights of Ren possibility - 01.png

Kylo does have his scar in that final shot where he's reaching out.

You're correct, but it's not the big carbon fiber looking one! In fact, it might be much, much later in the story since it looks almost healed...

Middle of the 2nd Trailer...
Kylo Ren - 01 - Middle of Trailer 2.png

End of the 2nd Trailer...
Kylo Ren - 02 - End of Trailer 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
And has anyone else thought this...

Looks like it may have been a premonition for this...

I've been wondering about that shot, too. It looks like he's been knocked down. My first thought was that it must be in the underground cavern we've glimpsed, but maybe you're right and it's some kind of flashback.

Dude, can you knock it off? Youre bringing down the entire thread. You need to relax. Remove the stick, and talk some Star Wars. If you wanna get crazy, go somewhere else.

Nah, I'm fine here. I've been here a long, LONG time. So no reason for anyone here to eject me for my opinion.

As I said, we discuss a lot of topics, twists, turns etc here. If you can't handle the subject matter, maybe it is you that should leave.

I'm happy to discuss the topic at hand, but why does my opinion about a sensitive matter mean more than yours? I'm still talking Star Wars.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back