Finally Finished my OT Graflexes

Jedi Reali

Sr Member
Welp, it's been a long time coming, so I thought I'd share. I'm one of those people who doesn't finish things for fear of it not being perfect, but I finally sucked it up and finished these. Pics following the rundown:

ANH
Genuine Graflex, with uncapped pins, early lever, and early glass eye
real Exactra bubbles
square washer removed from the clamp
Gino grips
modified WannaWanga D-ring/strap: I've "un-idealized" the curve on the edge and nudged the rivet closer to the d-ring to make it more like what a found piece would look like. I also cut the head off of the rivet and epoxied the whole thing on so as not to drill the Graflex bottom. In place of a hole is a well placed dot of black paint.
The grips are attached with the bottom fully extended, so that the clamp cannot be removed while the grips are there, as I suspect this was the case on the original prop. The top is oriented to the position it is seen at in Obi-Wan's hut and during remote training on the Falcon.

ESB
Genuine Graflex, with uncapped pins, and early lever (thanks to @tomm1999 for the lever trade)
1975 Otis Elevator Co board (thanks to @thd9791 for the hot tip on these boards)
Gino grips with WannaWanga screws, lightly weathered. The screws go through the grips only, so as not to drill into the Graflex bottom. The grips are attached with the bottom fully extended, so that the clamp cannot be removed while the grips are there, as I suspect this was the case on the original prop. I also added the "notch" (for lack of a better word) that can be seen on the end of the top grip in the Wampa Cave shot.
WannaWanga D-ring/Kobold replica, weathered to resemble the Wampa Cave shot. (This is riveted on, since it is my old ANH bottom with two inaccurate holes already drilled into it anyway.)
I have yet to remove the beer tab, in case I decide to swap out the top for some reason. Eventually it'll go though.
I also might like to add a small black screw in the clamp at some point to resemble reference photos that show something dark there.

MyGraflexes-1.jpgMyGraflexes-2.jpgMyGraflexes-3.jpgMyGraflexes-4.jpgMyGraflexes-5.jpgMyGraflexes-6.jpgMyGraflexes-7.jpgMyGraflexes-8.jpg

And the only before photo I took with all of the parts together:

MyGraflexes-before.jpg

Next I hope to finish my three Larbel MPP's.

Last edited:
You really have an eye for detail, both of them look great! You did a fantastic job on this grips (and everything else). Glad to help with the lever, I would have never known the difference. Can't wait to see the MPP's!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back