Who are best for Lightsaber hilt replicas?

Welcome, ChrisTBH!

You can find resin Luke ROTJ sabers on 'that' auction site if that's your thing.

This hobby is all about personal preference.

And money.

Be prepared to spend some $. It's an expensive hobby, but its an ADDICTING, expensive hobby.

When all is said and done, however, get what makes you happy!

As far as parts and builds go, your new fellow board members Roy and Romans Empire are your go-to guys.

http://www.romanprops.com/ and http://wannawanga.com/

When in doubt, do some snooping around in the Star Wars section and the Project Runs section, there is tons of info!

I learned A LOT just from researching these forums! These guys know their stuff

I'm not a lightsaber collector, I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials. And still I had to have a real Graflex conversion with Exactra 20 bubbles and accurate t-tracks in my collection as an exception. Never cared to own a Master Replicas, EFX or Icons LE lightsaber, but a Graflex is proudly displayed among my Imperial collectibles. If this doesn't show what is the best type of sabers out there not sure what will :)

I was wondering about the MPP shroud. who is more accurate to the Vader ANH lightsaber the shroud on Parks or the shroud being sold by WannaWanga?

The Wannawanga version has the more accurate finish by far as he's nailed the crackle finish paint job.

Last edited:
Ok but can we remove the shroud off of the Parks repica MPP and put Wannas shroud on the Parks?

I'm sure you could.

Since you guys are talkin about MPP shrouds... Anyone ever compare Roy's to a Larbel? Just curious if swapping out the shroud on my Larbel MPP with one of Roy's would be considered an "upgrade" in terms of accuracy or not.

Yeah I just want to make sure before I go ahead and order a Parks MPP replica. Hopefully some others can shed some light on this.

Since you guys are talkin about MPP shrouds... Anyone ever compare Roy's to a Larbel? Just curious if swapping out the shroud on my Larbel MPP with one of Roy's would be considered an "upgrade" in terms of accuracy or not.

I have an ANH Larbel MPP in my collection and the paintwork is less wrinkly but still nice and that shroud edge is much thicker ... the same as it is in ROTJ ... so depending on which version your Larbel is representing Roy's shroud is more like ANH and dead-on to a real MPP ... also it is possible the diameter of Larbel's replica is not the same as the inner diameter of Roy's shroud ... so I'm not certain a clear swap is possible ... for that I'd have to have one of Roy's shrouds and try it out :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back