Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Hey guys what thread pitch is the set screw that holds the pommel in place?
Been searching high and low and can't seem to find a post where it's mentioned

So can anyone quickly sum the problems with the Master Replicas Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber as far as screen accuracy goes? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

So can anyone quickly sum the problems with the Master Replicas Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber as far as screen accuracy goes? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

1) it's all one solid piece, the original is not. The original has moving parts too

2) the emitter face doesn't have a beveled edge I don't think, the original does

3) The paint other than black may not be accurate, didn't see any on the celebration photos.

4) the lever isn't so exact, but it's pretty darned close

5) circuit board is incorrect, we saw the original at celebration and slothfurnace replicated it.

6) some of the dimensions are off by a cm or two I think. The original was put back on a lathe and cleaned up after casting, not sure why.

So on POSW, its mentioned that there is chrome strip covering the stamp and this photo is given. Is this determined to be a different saber? It's prety clearly got the chrome strip on the clamp...or is that a reflection of the lever?

ROTJtape.jpg

Last edited:
We're not 100% sure. the clamp is most likely the same from ANH, as we can see Alec Holding a saber with this little square nut.

The tape may have come off, if it were there previously. The Shared Stunt was already redecorated a little by this time, the fencing shots show a brass necked saber with the extra groove: an ANH stunt.

So on POSW, its mentioned that there is chrome strip covering the stamp and this photo is given. Is this determined to be a different saber? It's prety clearly got the chrome strip on the clamp...or is that a reflection of the lever?

View attachment 564196
The consensus is that it's a reflection. The discussion in this thread begins with post #887.
Here is a handy link to the posts in question.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=1862&page=9&p=3637911&viewfull=1#post3637911

View attachment 564196
OMG, is that pic still on there? IRRC, I made that like 20 years ago by dumping it from laserdisc to Beta SP and finally via a crude video framegrab thing we used to use at the TV station! :lol

Hah yup, I just grabbed it off the V2 page. I figured that info was a bit dated, but wanted to check :)

I used aluminum black. It's not going to give you the exact look, but then again I was not going for that. The AB gave a more realistic weathered/scored look instead of a... well.. chipped paint look. Not sure why a Jedi would paint a hilt, so I went idealized.
That sounds really cool! Pics?

So are most people letting their clamp be free spinning? Does it not want to slide up? I just cant decide what to do with it.

So are most people letting their clamp be free spinning? Does it not want to slide up? I just cant decide what to do with it.

I was just discussing this the other day with another member. He said he placed some masking tape under the clamp and it made it keep its place much easier. It's also completely removable without any real residue.

Probably what I'll do with the V2 as well.

Thanks, I think thats a very interesting take on it.

Thank you.

I've done two different things in the past:

1. I left the tabs on the clamp and drilled two small holes in the location of the inner tabs.
2. I removed the inner tabs and added one layer of electrical tape around the diameter to help give little traction for the clamp to grab on.

I think most people will tell you that you can get the clamp tight enough without any special mods other than removing the tabs.

So what is the general consensus? semi gloss or satin? I'm going to use rust-oleum but I can't decide which one. Heres a few links to the three that i'm considering. I obviously want it to be as durable as possible but I want it to look right above all else.

-Rustoleum acrylic enamel in semi gloss http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/general-purpose-paints/acrylic-enamel
AU_AcrylicEnamel_SG_Black_L.png
-Rustoleum high performance enamel in semi gloss http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/professional/high-performance-enamel-spray
7579838_0113_PRO_15oz_HighPerformanceEnamel_Gloss_Black.png
-Rustoleum Roll bar and chassis epoxy which does not require primer in satin http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/auto/specialty-paints/roll-bar-and-chassis
275231_0613_ATO_11oz_RollBarAndChassisPaint_Aerosol_SatinBlack.png

What's your guys opinion?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back