Rey - Star Wars: The Force Awakens Build (open for everyone!)

Hey all, sorry for the confusion but the fact that no pricing was being talked about did not eliminate the "sales" possibility. In this case, it actually would have been good if there was a mention of this being a free offering so that it could have been handled accordingly (after all, that is what our community is all about :)).

A pm from the staff to the member (or vice versa) would have easily resolved the issue, so we'll take the blame for that slip up and hope that you understand and accept our apology.

(the posts have been restored)

As an aside, when a staff member sees "I'm interested" or "put me on the list" type posts, it usually highlights the fact that selling or interest generating is taking place and that activity needs to be in the Classifieds Forums. Sadly we have many people try and get around the rules by selling outside of the Classifieds Forums and without being a Premium Member. The Premium Member requirement was created as a result of feedback from the community in the hope of eliminating some of the issues that we have experienced in the past.

Thank you for publicly responding, taking ownership of the issue, apologizing (which certainly wasn't necessary, but is very much appreciated, I'm sure!) and lastly clarifying the RPF's policy and position on this sort of thing. Very pleased at the resolution, great job Montagar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew! I keep seeming to miss it when things go crazy here! But I'm glad everything is settled now, and I'd be in for bandages if it works out.

I have my wraps done, but I'm not 100% happy with them, so...yeah. I'm in.

So, here's my costume so far. I'm irritated that my left arm wrap came slightly loose during this shoot (normally it tucks under my arm and you can't see it), but whatcha gonna do? Hubby took the pics and he isn't, um, the best at noticing such things and fixing them on the fly.

Anyway, here's my Rey so far:

Last edited:
I also played around with my saber: https://twitter.com/wabbit89/status/712835876376616960

And I went to a con this past weekend and met a Kylo... https://twitter.com/wabbit89/status/711708244817776640

Along with a baby Rey... https://twitter.com/wabbit89/status/711726919075516416

This was a test run of the costume, with a different wrap/scarf/tabbard thing and no weathering yet.

I've since weathered the shirt a bit and made an completely new wrap with some color changes (third time's a charm?) and the proper seam placement, but still some work to go on some things.

The goggles look fantastic! Did you follow your template you shared earlier? I was planning on using that, and now I definitely will!

Thanks :) Yes i did. I sandwiched a pieces of Eva foam between two pieces of thermoplastic called Worbla. Then used worbla to attach the sunglasses lenses and glued on all the fabric + leather that i have sewed on the "stitches" onto.

Showing the mask i used to shape the worbla/foam/worbla piece over so it had a face and nice "nose" shape. I broke that mask after doing that.

Sunglasses attached with worba.

Last edited:
************UPDATED 3/26/16*******************

okie here is the up to date FREEBIE BANDAGE LIST:

USAJDM (2 bandages)*
GALACTICAT (4 bandages)
FETT4REAL (2 bandages)
KELLIWISE (4 bandages)
JJGRIFFIN (2 bandages)
AKITZMAN (2 bandages)
PAPERSFLOWER (4 bandages)
SINRIDER (2 bandages)
BRINSTAR (2 bandages)
THELADYNERD (thread Momma: P) (2 bandages)
PRIMALSTORM (2 bandages)
COSPLAYARCHER (2 bandages)
IGGY (2 bandages)
DIARIANFERREL (2bandages)
RPFKOV (2 bandages)
S4FFRON (3 bandages)
JULIETROSE (2 bandages)
JACKWABBIT (2 bandages)
REDWILLOW (2 bandages)
R2DEETOO (3 bandages)
JON8712 (3 bandages)
GOLDHAWK (3 bandages)

so thats 54 pieces so far.

it's looking like a case or two from usajdm might be needed. :wacko

Last edited:
Thanks :) Yes i did. I sandwiched a pieces of Eva foam between two pieces of thermoplastic called Worbla. Then used worbla to attach the sunglasses lenses and glued on all the fabric + leather that i have sewed on the "stitches" onto.

Showing the mask i used to shape the worbla/foam/worbla piece over so it had a face and nice "nose" shape. I broke that mask after doing that.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1560/25394270494_4188da20fc_o.jpg

Sunglasses attached with worba.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1465/25906275402_541d4817e8_o.jpg

Worbla + sunglasses was the route I was planning on too! Looks great! Thanks for sharing the template and how-to!

Kristen, thanks for leading this hunt.
I had received an email today from the Boots company apologizing that they could not help us in this situation.
They directed me to their US affiliate.
I have a request into them now.
Robert

For those who dye their pants, what dyes did you use and how long did you let the fabric stay in the dye? I am thinking about dyeing the pants fabric using a mix of RIT taupe and grey. It's my first time dyeing anything and I would like to make sure I am doing it correctly. Thanks :)

Finished my goggles tonight... I'm very proud of them. :)

The light is made from a Pen lid, old computer microphone, pieces of a pen . scrap styrene and nuts and bolts for the holder.
The "green light" is just the tip of a Led that i cut off and glued to the microphone part. Everything was spray painted chrome and then had black acrylic rubbed on it.

Took some brown shoe polish to my gloves and the result impressed me very much. Just look at the difference from the original.

Long time lurker here finally decided I needed to post. You have no idea how much your thread has helped me you guys rock! If the bandage list is still going I'd like to be added to it as well please :) (3)

For those who dye their pants, what dyes did you use and how long did you let the fabric stay in the dye? I am thinking about dyeing the pants fabric using a mix of RIT taupe and grey. It's my first time dyeing anything and I would like to make sure I am doing it correctly. Thanks :)

My pants started out a very light tan. I hit them with taupe and tan originally (I find that taupe is coming out more grey than tan for me), then a touch of just taupe later, I think. I sadly didn't write down my exact combos of dye, and it was a trial and error thing, so I'm not a huge help with the specifics, but honestly, the color is hard to match and your fabric is going to be different than mine. So, if you can, do a test dye batch first. And remember that you can always dye them again/make them darker, but you can't easily make them lighter/take dye out. Yes, you can bleach or use dye remover, but...it's not great. Doing multiple shorter times and weaker dyes is generally better. If they're too light, then you can dye them again. Too dark, and, well, you're often out of luck.

But if you can, do a test dye of the fabric first to see how it'll come out first. I can't even think of how many times I dyed my scarf fabric before I found the last one (fifteen minutes in a bath of 3 teaspoons taupe only, then dusted with tan spray paint).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back