Babylon 5 Security PPG Rifle

Sidewinder

Sr Member
From the last gasp of my (very)old molds taken off my screen used B5 PPG rifle, complete with machined ally parts - same as my original.

PPG rif last done (1).JPG

Yeah it was a pour and hope situation, the mold literally tore apart like a wet paper bag on de-molding. The casting was pretty dire, took a fair bit of fill/sand/repeat to coax back to life.

There's definitely the love child of a Ruger in there, the grip is very AC556.

SAS

From the last gasp of my (very)old molds taken off my screen used B5 PPG rifle, complete with machined ally parts - same as my original.

View attachment 389631

Man I am sad to hear the demise of the mold. i know it has been a few years and saw there share of use - but I still feel a loss. B5 was and still is one of my favorite SF series. I have both rifles (yours) and they completely ROCK. It is hard for people to appreciate exactly how cool the rifles are until they see them up close. The stock has a unique curve and is not just a standard Mini 14 stock. The nuances make is special. I love how it is portrays in the series. "Burning plasma bolts landing as 3000o !" Can you imagine what pain and death from a plasma gun would actually be like? Someone driving a Hot iron poker through your side searing through flesh ! Yikes - don't shoot !!! : ) Unless you are a Vorlon - that is gonna hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I have not found the time to address and old B5 prop - the Marine Grenade Launcher - here is the reference pic:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/babylon-5-...erence-pics-ppg-rifle-grenade-launcher-188821

Gordon

Sad yeah but not a total disaster as I still have the original screen used rifle that I could make another mold from should I ever want to.

I too always loved the PPGs in B5, the look/sound/FX and tech behind them.

SAS

Sad yeah but not a total disaster as I still have the original screen used rifle that I could make another mold from should I ever want to.

I too always loved the PPGs in B5, the look/sound/FX and tech behind them.

SAS

How about posting some detailed pictures or your rifles. Link to a couple youtube Babylon 5 clips - get the blood pumping.

The rifle Props are so cool.

They stand out in a collection and are rare.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back