Custom Star Wars Luger Blaster

Well done!
The Weaver scope looks a tad large from certain angles and perfect from other angles.

Agreed. The gun in hand actually looks ok, but on the camera from certain angles it makes it look a little bigger than it is. However, with the Weaver attachments, I can always switch scopes if I find another. At the little gun store in town, they only had five old scopes to choose from. One that I wanted that was smaller turned out to be $500.00 so that was a bit much. I settled for the the Weaver for $50. But, I will keep my eye out for another smaller one.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it looks awesome! The only thing I would've done differently is use something else for the flash hider. Maybe the grease gun flash hider?

Thank you. I had to use what I had on hand and I would gladly relieve you of your grease gun flash hider.:)

- - - Updated - - -

I like the 'feel' of the piece but I don't ultimately agree with the final design, sorry to say.:unsure

I like the scope and the scope bracket, but I think you need a bigger base gun for it to all tie together. The bull barrel, flash hider, and scope just look really out of proportion to the gun body, itself.

Hah! Thanks for speaking your mind! Seriously, I like honesty. Do you think it would look better with no bull barrel like on the ESB DL44? Or it just doesn't work no matter what?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it looks wicked cool and very "in universe". Good job, man! :)
Thanks!

It's the perfect alternate-universe version of the ANH DL-44. Viewed from the left side I think the scope looks perfect. From the right it looks a bit large. I'd love to see an M19 or M38 on there - I bet they'd be perfect all around (that's what I was vaguely thinking of for mine - pretty much what you have here, but with an ESB style scope).

Hah! Thanks for speaking your mind! Seriously, I like honesty. Do you think it would look better with no bull barrel like on the ESB DL44? Or it just doesn't work no matter what?

It's hard to say without it just being about my own preferences compared to yours but I have a Luger replica myself that I want to do a few customs with and, considering the size of the gun, it just doesn't warrant a scope, I feel. At least, not a "traditional" one.

It's not like a flash hider or muzzle break won't work either but I think it's really all down to proportion. How does it relate to the rest of the base gun? This isn't a slag against some builders here but a lot of customs I see here try to mimic other blasters that already are well-known and just pick and choose elements from them without considering why exactly it works in the first place. I think once the aesthetic is understood, it can be applied to make some truly unique and legitimate looking customs.

I like the end result. :thumbsup It has me thinking about making one like it.

I made a similar scope bracket for a Denix-based custom blaster project 3 years ago. I cut mine out of a piece of square tubing.

DSC01867_zps46219fa2.jpg

DSC04625_zpsz4liinhc.jpg

I still can't get over how well you used those flash clamps on that blaster, Scott.

- - - Updated - - -

I will let this stew for a bit. I am disappointed I screwed up the wood grips. Any ideas other than paint to weather the plastic ones? Do you think they look ok? Everything works and fits well. The bull barrel is the size it is because it has to be able to retract into the frame.

I think this blaster looks incredible dude. You could always mill down the bottom of the bull barrel like on the ANH blaster. I always thought the reason they did that was to allow the receiver to go back as well since that's how a C96 works too. Just super awesome work, though. I like it better than Jyn Erso's :)

I'd love to see an M19 or M38 on there.
Me too!

- - - Updated - - -

I like the end result. :thumbsup It has me thinking about making one like it.

I made a similar scope bracket for a Denix-based custom blaster project 3 years ago. I cut mine out of a piece of square tubing.
I have seen this blaster of and greatly admired it. VERY well done! Cannot wait to see what you can do with your Luger. There really is not much room on it to do too much.

Last edited:
I think this blaster looks incredible dude. You could always mill down the bottom of the bull barrel like on the ANH blaster. I always thought the reason they did that was to allow the receiver to go back as well since that's how a C96 works too. Just super awesome work, though. I like it better than Jyn Erso's :)

Hey, thanks! The bull barrel is actually very thin towards the frame. The inside has a steep taper to it, therefore, no milling it flat. I just have is sitting on there for now. I was thinking of attaching it with a couple of set screws or something.

The one thing I have going for me here is that everything is removable or replaceable. So i can eventually change the scope, barrel and flash hider if I ever get around to it. I will make a stand for I think.

Truly beautiful work. What was the process for bluing the airsoft gun? Did you hot or cold blue? What was the exact brand you used?

Normally I have zero interest in custom designed props, yet this is fantastic. Well done! I think it totally looks like it came from the Star Wars universe, and much more so than the 3D printed generic sci fi blasters from TFA. Hopefully after seeing the Luger in Rogue One, they continue using old WWI and WWII weapons as bases to keep the look and feel going in the following movies.

Truly beautiful work. What was the process for bluing the airsoft gun? Did you hot or cold blue? What was the exact brand you used?
Thanks! I believe I used Birchwood Casey super blue. Or maybe it was aluminum black. It was a while ago, sorry. The process? I took the gun apart and stripped all the paint off. I then used a wire wheel to polish the parts. After a thorough cleaning with degreaser, I applied the bluing. I applied a few coats and buffed with steel wool between applications. I was trying to achieve an old used finish. After it was to my liking, I applied gun oil.

Normally I have zero interest in custom designed props, yet this is fantastic. Well done! I think it totally looks like it came from the Star Wars universe, and much more so than the 3D printed generic sci fi blasters from TFA. Hopefully after seeing the Luger in Rogue One, they continue using old WWI and WWII weapons as bases to keep the look and feel going in the following movies.
Thanks. I hope they continue to use old weapons as well.

Oddly enough, I sold this on Evilbay last week. It sold for less than I paid for the gun by itself! :facepalm So somebody got a good deal. As the saying goes, it is only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back