Show your custom Lightsabers!

How Luke do you wanna get? TCSS and saberforge have upper parts that are pretty close. There's also a guy on eBay that makes not very accurate, but reasonably close parts that are individual metal pieces. He says you have to weld yourself-- but maybe jb weld or set screws can do the trick? If you search "lightsaber parts" he;ll come up. I think a couple people here have bought a few random parts for him. Again-- inaccurate, but great for custom work.

Should say that the TCSS pieces look the part, but are a much thinner diameter than the movie props. That said, they still marry well to flash parts.

Should say that the TCSS pieces look the part, but are a much thinner diameter than the movie props. That said, they still marry well to flash parts.

thanks man, I think I know who you're talking about.

Really, the Luston covers the length of a graflex to the top of the clamp. Above that...I'd like some rings possibly..or a straight shot to the skinny neck/windvane/emitter. I'll do some sigging!

Hi all.

I suppose I should add this to the list:

crystals.jpgKPlarge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Such good stuff in this thread. Lots of inspiration.

I have been going over a TCSS build using the MHS builder, and wanted to ask if anyone here has an example of what I'm trying to do, or has attempted it at least. There's been tons of designs and kits for Crystal Chambers. I was just curious if someone used a radiator fin design on the double male windowed extension from TCSS? Wanted to have an exposed chamber hilt, but I haven't been able to find examples of using this part as a crystal chamber with radiator fins.

Double male with slots style 3 -- http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Double-male-with-slots-style-3-P885.aspx

I have seen this part used with the rotating chamber, but I decided to just keep it static. That, and unsure if I'd tangle the wires, and the whole spacing issue. Thanks again! Hope to someday contribute a build to this thread.

Just wanted to show off my saber I built this years ago based on the Big Yellow Box saber III design. Someone on the A.S.A.P. boards influenced the gold highlighting. The grips are from the AOTC Anakin saber. This is the only picture of it that I have. I sent it to a machinist years ago to have it made from aluminum and he lost the saber.

borzou_s_lightsaber_by_borzou-dyvxi5.jpg

"Lost?" That sounds suspicious as hell to me. Probably because that's quite a fine piece. A shame you weren't able to recreate it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

"Lost?" That sounds suspicious as hell to me. Probably because that's quite a fine piece. A shame you weren't able to recreate it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

It happens. It cost about $40 in parts to make. I drew up the blueprints and having another machinist try his hand at it. I'll post a picture here when it's made.

Parts:

Body is a Heiland knock off with a hex endcap
Clamp is from a Zeiss Ikon
edge card from an Odyssey video game cartridge
clamp bolt is an 8/32 passed through the lock nut from a sync cable
button nub is from the flash, but moved
side bolts are from inside some other flash, from my greeblie stash
the bracket at the top, and the larger knob, is from an off brand flash (see pic below)
The additional knob was from a flash bracket
The grips I found on etsy-- somebody trying to make Starkiller (TFU) style grips.
The emitter is from some random flashpan, crammed inside the usual Heiland style emitter.

s-l1600.jpg

SethS that's one of my favorite out of this entire thread. To me it absolutely works as an in-between PT/OT era prop and would be especially at home in the slightly chunkier style of Rebels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back