Battle starship

Nice photos - especially with Nathan Fillion. Liking "Castle" shows your family has good taste in TV shows. And yes, if you haven't watched "Firefly" (followed by the film Serenity) I highly recommend them.

Oh my god. You took a picture with Malcolm Reynolds? Serious envy happening here.

Yes, we did! This photo will be my family's treasure.
When we took a picture with him, I told him 'I can't believe that we can see you in person!!'
He was looked so glad to here that.

That’s your daughter Yuki right ? Almost didn’t recognise her ( no glasses LOL ! ) with picture of Capt ‘n Mal , your BW ( looks pretty happy too ! ) , and your good self of course !

What were the items that interested you - for next year ? ;)

:cheersGed

Thanks, we were so happy. Especially, I didn't expect that my wife was gonna enjoyed it so much.
She said she felt like got younger at least 10 years . :confusedOh, I hope so.
Next year, we will get our self in a costume!!

Yes, the U.S. Comic-con seems to be enormous and a serious strain on the wallet, as SmilingOtter mentioned. I get a little claustrophobic in large crowds so I could never attend but it's fun to see other people's recollections of these events.

Your daughter looks like she had no intention of letting Castle go! Has she seen the show Firefly? She would probably love it.

That photo of your wife with Leatherface really made me laugh. She seems to be thinking, "please don't let this guy follow us around for the rest of the day!"

:lol My wife loves a horror movie rather than SciFi. She loves Texas chain saw series.:facepalm Oh, I don't.

Nice photos - especially with Nathan Fillion. Liking "Castle" shows your family has good taste in TV shows. And yes, if you haven't watched "Firefly" (followed by the film Serenity) I highly recommend them.

Thanks, Tom-san.

Looks and sounds like it was a blast

thanks for posting those pics!

Thank you ! I'm glad that you enjoyed them!

Hey,hey,hey, Bones-san, Tom-san,
What do you thing I am? Of course I have watched that TV show and movie!
It's so sorrow that the show ended up in only 1 season.

Hey,hey,hey, Bones-san, Tom-san,
What do you thing I am? Of course I have watched that TV show and movie!
It's so sorrow that the show ended up in only 1 season.

Just checking... :) Every so often I run across someone who should be aware of the show but isn't.

I love the Firefly references in Castle. This was probably my favorite:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, this thread is like a breath of fresh life. So nice to catch up on.:)

Fresh life = Retirement? Seems valid to me.

Just checking... :) Every so often I run across someone who should be aware of the show but isn't.

I love the Firefly references in Castle. This was probably my favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g42UxfB6MI

Oh, I saw that episode. That made me smile.:lol

Nathan Fillion is a very charming guy. Big guy and handsome but very friendly and humorous.

Any thoughts which costumes?

or is that a surprise

Looks like my ladies thinking something.
I will be willing to suffer it.

Ahhhh, this thread is like a breath of fresh life. So nice to catch up on.:)

Fresh life = Retirement? Seems valid to me.

Thank you, Hagoth-san.
Sure it is. You'll never fail your second life for sure.

Well let me put up some of the progress.

I made some handrail.

cFJOBVM.jpg

Does it look like a battleship?!

F7Krgvd.jpg

pJjLMP4.jpg

Detailing the hanger deck.

wHl7MU9.jpg

V0ts97K.jpg

8mqL9oa.jpg

k3k0pYe.jpg

9UImnbB.jpg

YErGDei.jpg

ezQcFCL.jpg

Battle ship needs some rivets on a hull.

Here comes the beer can again.

I found a little difference of thickness of each brand.
Japanese beer and foreign brand beer which was canned in Japan has thicker aluminum.
Exported can is rather thinner.

6HRKf9m.jpg

KO55oIy.jpg

qZAHBKw.jpg

KS8dops.jpg

QzpaGLA.jpg

rT0Psg1.jpg

Does it look like a battleship?

This is it so far.

JB0gECl.jpg

Thank you verymuch for looking.

katsu

She’s looking beautiful and very well dressed Katsu - san ! :p . Not sure about the railing ( scale - wise ) , but the riveting is inspired .

I don’t know why ( and apologies sir - no offence meant at all ) , but in my mind I can’t help thinking it’s about to ‘ transform ‘ & ‘ reconfigure ‘ any minute now . LOL !!! ;)

I don’t know why ( and apologies sir - no offence meant at all ) , but in my mind I can’t help thinking it’s about to ‘ transform ‘ & ‘ reconfigure ‘ any minute now . LOL !!! ;)

At this point, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. :D

One thing that impresses me is that several of the techniques you're using weren't brought over from your plastic models - you had to alter the methods for metal, or come up with brand new ways to do things. So you're obviously still learning and experimenting.

Words fail me. All it needs is a coat of paint and she's ready to fly out of the Katsu Planitia Starship yards.

Not sure about the railing ( scale - wise )

That's not hand railing. It's an EM field dispersal multiplier rail. A special energy weapons defense against flanking shots. :p

That's the beauty of SF creations. Mundane objects can become whatever thingamajig you want them to be. :cool

What an ingenious method for making rivets! Regardless of if anyone thinks this looks like a battleship or not (It classifies as one in my imagination) I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end of its weapons.

Impressive. Very impressive.

Looking ready for a coat of of paint and markings and then a christening. Hmmm, not sure you would want your BW (Beautiful Wife) smashing a bottle of champagne across the bow. You might have to make a teeny tiny bottle out of sugar... to scale. :D

She’s looking beautiful and very well dressed Katsu - san ! :p . Not sure about the railing ( scale - wise ) , but the riveting is inspired .

Thank you Ged-san. Yeah, I agree with you. That handrail is little bit out of style. :p I just wanted to try that.
I can see your image of transforming. It looks like Macros or something.:rolleyes

At this point, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. :D

One thing that impresses me is that several of the techniques you're using weren't brought over from your plastic models - you had to alter the methods for metal, or come up with brand new ways to do things. So you're obviously still learning and experimenting.

Thanks, Tom-san.
This model is really my experiment of what would I do with this material. In fact that some of the parts are not necessary to use metal sheets.
May Be some part is not necessary to use the metal. But I hope all the experience of this model may be carry over to the next model and I really do.

Looks like it's almost ready for a launching ceremony from the space drydock :D

Thank you, blakeh-san, it's almost there. :D:eek ....... wait a minutes, dry dock...???... No, no I never build any dry dock....

Looking forward to some full EPIC shots of this beautiful beast! :thumbsup

Thank you very much!!

Words fail me. All it needs is a coat of paint and she's ready to fly out of the Katsu Planitia Starship yards.

That's not hand railing. It's an EM field dispersal multiplier rail. A special energy weapons defense against flanking shots. :p

That's the beauty of SF creations. Mundane objects can become whatever thingamajig you want them to be. :cool

Thanks for the kind words, LeoL-san. I love you idea!
Now, I have some paint scheme idea.

What an ingenious method for making rivets! Regardless of if anyone thinks this looks like a battleship or not (It classifies as one in my imagination) I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end of its weapons.

Impressive. Very impressive.

Looking ready for a coat of of paint and markings and then a christening. Hmmm, not sure you would want your BW (Beautiful Wife) smashing a bottle of champagne across the bow. You might have to make a teeny tiny bottle out of sugar... to scale. :D

Thank you very much, Hagoth-san.
You are right, champagne bottle of breakable prop is nice idea. If MBW used a real one... Oh, no!

I guess you'll have to get started on one then :lol

:facepalm

Almost 10 days have been passed since my last post.
I have been pouring more than 60 hours for detailing, touch up and refining.
I hope you see some difference.

Some detailing.

Front of the engineering section.

Before
Yqkgukg.jpg

After
XTgTQP6.jpg

Ribs and rods.

cGqc7Ym.jpg

pmdms2A.jpg

eLbbn65.jpg

Added some more panel lines for the busy part.

Before
rT0Psg1.jpg

After
WVS6w0b.jpg

mIDznff.jpg

Refined the midsection rings.
Some of these parts were built at the early time of this build when I didn't get used to the metal craft yet.
No big differece? Hey, I got a big scissors callus on my right middle finger, so it should have become somewhat better by now.:angry

Before
Me4XGpy.jpg

After
QPUdzu4.jpg

Nose end.

Before
kih7M8G.jpg

After
8l2LN9p.jpg

B5M2rIa.jpg

W2RjGmo.jpg

Looks like some big old American car.:D

Dx8H54K.jpg

And continuing to add many panels and lines...

mHNd1Jf.jpg

eDZ6cWR.jpg

ecTnFZP.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Katsu

Katsu-san, what can I say that has not already been said, it gets better every time I see it, with every added detail you add it gives it more of a realistic look, sometimes I have to give it more than just one look, I have to stare at it just to take in all the fantastic detail you keep adding and remind myself that this is scratch built and not a kit build.
Very very nice work

Ben-san, If I build this model alone and expose for nobody, it couldn't be any better.
I always mind that I am sharing this build and build my model worthy for your observing.
And your close attention for my result is the biggest reward to me..

Thank you very much for your big help to my model build.

Katsu

Thank you for sharing your latest updates Katsu - san . I love the fact that you’re super detailing , your super detailed model ! :p
Not sure if anyone has asked you this before , but , how does scratching an object ( vehicle / craft ) out of metal , compare to making one out of plastic , wood or any combination of those ? . I’m asking because what you’ve done and continue to do is so intricate and mind boggling beautiful :confused ! ... your calluses probably have their own calluses from all the cutting , bending and shaping of this material !

Can’t wait to see her finished ( sort - of ) .
Anyhoo , one last thing - Just want to wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year .

:cheersGed

Thank you very much, Ged-san.

In fact, there's no particular difference with making a model with aluminum sheet metal.
If you use the aluminum sheet with the thickness of 0.3 - 1.0, you can cut it with a same way as you cut the plastic sheet. Just a few run of cutter knife and snap or use scissors.
If it's warped, you can stretch with your soft hammer or a wooden stick.
Most all the good thing with the aluminum sheet is you can bend it without using heat.
Which means you can scribe the panel lines before bend the sheet.
Use the super grue for metal sheet.
It's even safe to your fingers. I have never cut mine so far.
It's strong and reliable.

katsu

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back