METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit done, Knife done, Thanks everybody)

Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit done, Knife almost finished)

Awesome snake suit!!!

What is the thickness of the neoprene material that you used for the suit?

They do come in different thickness, all the way down to .5mm which can help reduce the heat while it is on your body.

Cleverly hidden vents in areas of the suit right above the areas of the body that normally generates heat might also help (i.e. armpits etc...)

Cant wait for your next snake suit build...

Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit is finished)

Then I saw the Figma Snake and was in love with the suit....... then they released pics of the the Deadpool toy........ now I can't make up my mind.

Do they use the same shoe sole for both snake and deadpool?

That knife looks PERFECT!

I'm guessing you used reference from the in game model? What length did you go for? What material did you use? More info, please!

I'm itching to make one!

DJHAMMERHEAD 1.5mm... the only vents on my suit are the white parts, which mare made of regular fabric. It does get pretty hot, though.

Contec.. They do do look similar....sole is slightly different..

nick daring Yeah, in-game model from the latest trailer was primarily used as reference with some toy pics thrown in for good measure. Total length of the knife measures at 24.5cm..It had to be con-safe so we decided that going with plastic would be best and it also helped keeping the cost in check.

Last edited by a moderator:

great suit.. Looks so like the toy original

Hey guys

Here it is. What a beauty..

Final Ground Zeroes knife pics. Made by Yuri at Yuri Custom Works
@ http://www.y-cw.com/
He is willing to make more. His contact info can be found on his homepage. He is super friendly and forthcoming. Thanks Yuri.

Shout-out goes to fellow member Grey for mentioning Yuri's amazing work in the MGS weapons info thread.. Thanks soo much. Without your post, I would have never met Yuri and this knife would not exist.

Thanks also to the other members for your continues support and kind words.

vo6f05.jpg

4ftifr.jpg

That cassette case is spot on, mind if I ask how you made it? Do you have a pattern for it or anything?

I used 2mm eva foam on the inside and covered it with a faux leather metallic silver fabric...

I am afraid I can't share my designs with you.. It is not difficult to do...If I can do it, so can you.

I used 2mm eva foam on the inside and covered it with a faux leather metallic silver fabric...

I am afraid I can't share my designs with you.. It is not difficult to do...If I can do it, so can you.
OK thanks, I'll try and figure it out. Do you remember where you got your belt? I can't find one with the three vertical eyelets and the buckle like that. Or did you switch out a buckle on a belt?

OK thanks, I'll try and figure it out. Do you remember where you got your belt? I can't find one with the three vertical eyelets and the buckle like that. Or did you switch out a buckle on a belt?

Belt is custom-made. I punched the eyelets myself. The buckle can be found online. Got mine from Ebay.

Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES SUIT (Suit done, Knife WIP pic added))

14183960_10208923695747350_1535722013979079683_n.jpg 14100347_10208923696147360_396103276037247846_n.jpg Hey, I loved the suit you made. Looks awesome and so accurate. just wanted to share my version. Made it with synthetic leather.

That looks awesome! I grew my beard out about 4 or 5 years ago to do the cosplay when peach walker came out and I like the beard so much I have had it ever since! Mine was really lame looking compared to this though.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back