New Luke ROTJ hero lightsaber model-Check out pics

I'd be interested in a solid, non-fx version, going for accuracy. Either that, or something in the spirit of the 1 piece V2s you did a while back. Uneven rings are a must!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

A hollow version like the V2 is preferred but solid is fine too. Really want to have a correct control box with the set of blinking LEDs like in deleted cave scene. May be a partially hollow version like your 3 piece V2’s?

The problem with the ISYHCANL is no one knows what it looks like on the business side. We know the black buttons are there, but what about the arrows? Or the aluminum plate behind them?

The problem with the ISYHCANL is no one knows what it looks like on the business side. We know the black buttons are there, but what about the arrows? Or the aluminum plate behind them?

The problem with the cave build is that it was never in the film... I would say the ISYHCANL version would be the same without the stacked box. Smooth sides, red and green triangles and black button. IMO the control box on the cave version looks terrible and I like my props to resemble what we saw in the film. Just my 2 cents.

I would love if you made an fx Hero with the uneven rings. It could always be displayed as static or have the option for electronics. I don't think anyone has an fx Hero that would be as accurate as yours, especially when you add in the uneven rings.

I feel the opposite, there’s a ton of fx hero’s out there. Be different and make it true to the screen.

And for the first time make it the smooth box version

Again every hero out there has the cave box

Idk I’m crazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the opposite, there’s a ton of fx hero’s out there. Be different and make it true to the screen.

And for the first time make it the smooth box version

Again every hero out there has the cave box

Idk I’m crazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed halliwax, there are a few fx Hero sabers out there right now, VV (may not being doing any more runs) and EA has some for the time being, KR/OR (could be doing another run before summer but this is also the Cave hilt) and Roman's (Balance V4, not really ROTJ, more TFA/TLJ), but none of them are made with the uneven rings. The VV/EA Hero is probably the closest fx version we have on screen and does have a smooth control box from the ISYHCANL but it also has even rings and holes in the pommel. I would be all for having a screen accurate fx ISYHCANL saber with uneven rings. The hilt is in only a split second and with Vader's hand over most of the hilt, namely the ring section, it's hard to tell if they were even at all but none of the others had even rings so my guess is this didn't either, as far as what was on screen goes. I agree the smooth box is better than the cave box. But each fx Hero out there right now does have it's differences but none of them are as screen accurate as what Dan would probably give us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed @halliwax, there are a few fx Hero sabers out there right now, VV (may not being doing any more runs) and EA has some for the time being, KR/OR (could be doing another run before summer but this is also the Cave hilt) and Roman's (Balance V4, not really ROTJ, more TFA/TLJ), but none of them are made with the uneven rings. The VV/EA Hero is probably the closest fx version we have on screen and does have a smooth control box from the ISYHCANL but it also has even rings and holes in the pommel. I would be all for having a screen accurate fx ISYHCANL saber with uneven rings. The hilt is in only a split second and with Vader's hand over most of the hilt, namely the ring section, it's hard to tell if they were even at all but none of the others had even rings so my guess is this didn't either, as far as what was on screen goes. I agree the smooth box is better than the cave box. But each fx Hero out there right now does have it's differences but none of them are as screen accurate as what Dan would probably give us.

Yeah I usually don’t add my 2 cents, but I feel passionate about this potential run. I don’t have a starkiller hero, and everyone out there says his is the best

So my opinion my not be equally fair because I don’t have his pervious hero. And I’m promoting my option because well, I don’t have his pervious hilt

I don’t want to come off as a jerk, but I don’t get everyone wanting a fx version just because no one else has made a hero with uneven rings (and I have to go check KRsabers because I thought Kal did this on his last run, but have to double check)

They keep saying they want the uneven rings for accuracy, but now we are talking about a machined line which we will see even with the blade plug in the emitter, that’s not on the hero

And possibly another pommel, or a vented pommel... sound vents somewhere

Idk, please don’t take this as me coming off as a jerk, I just cant rationalize wanting uneven rings and the emitter having a visible plug line and all the other FX stuff that goes along

Dans V2 run is a exception because he’s engineered that to hide all the lines. Which thanks to the v2s original construction works

No one in history has done a uneven ring, smooth box version. Would LOVE to see the smooth box version done, just because it hasn’t been ever done before

This is just me lol carry on everyone ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
No one in history has done a uneven ring, smooth box version. Would LOVE to see the smooth box version done, just because it hasn’t been ever done before

I (very) briefly considered grinding down the raised lips of my Nicksdad hero to make a smooth box. I think it looks better than the cave scene version, though having the ability to reveal innards is cool. I pretty quickly realized I didn't want to make that sacrifice and invariably change my mind later on, and it wouldn't address the button side of the box anyways. I'd be sorely tempted by a ISYHCANL version even though we can't be totally sure of what the button side looks like.

For what it's worth, I agree with halliwax. Based on the way the cave scene box seems to be constructed, I'd guess that the smooth box really is smooth on both sides with probably the same button(s) and no arrows or separate arrow plate. I imagine they milled off a section of the box to make room for the arrow plate and glued rails on top when they built it up for the cave scene. There's no way to tell, but having a separate arrow plate with arrows wouldn't make sense to me unless they already intended it to be blinky, and if that was the case, I'd expect them to leave it that way for the cave scene instead of bothering to make the card slide. A separate arrow plate would feel like too much of an in-between state to make sense to me.

But that's just one guy's opinion, I readily defer to those with more knowledge and experience. I'm not sure if I'll have a horse in this race anyways, I should think before I buy another saber hah.

Yeah I usually don’t add my 2 cents, but I feel passionate about this potential run. I don’t have a starkiller hero, and everyone out there says his is the best

So my opinion my not be equally fair because I don’t have his pervious hero. And I’m promoting my option because well, I don’t have his pervious hilt

I don’t want to come off as a jerk, but I don’t get everyone wanting a fx version just because no one else has made a hero with uneven rings (and I have to go check KRsabers because I thought Kal did this on his last run, but have to double check)

They keep saying they want the uneven rings for accuracy, but now we are talking about a machined line which we will see even with the blade plug in the emitter, that’s not on the hero

And possibly another pommel, or a vented pommel... sound vents somewhere

Idk, please don’t take this as me coming off as a jerk, I just cant rationalize wanting uneven rings and the emitter having a visible plug line and all the other FX stuff that goes along

Dans V2 run is a exception because he’s engineered that to hide all the lines. Which thanks to the v2s original construction works

This is just me lol carry on everyone ;)

You've convinced me, changing my vote to NON-FX.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back