Bandai release schedule

Hinting at Han and Luke as Strormtroopers?

Hmm, I dunno about this. The only frame of reference I have in regards to model kit faces with Bandai aside from Yoda are Figure-Rise line and the Gunpla Girls line, and they're usually stylized faces. The first kit in the Gunpla Girls line is a particular point of contention for the Gunpla community.

If they can pull this off I'd be genuinely surprised.

Hmm, I dunno about this. The only frame of reference I have in regards to model kit faces with Bandai aside from Yoda are Figure-Rise line and the Gunpla Girls line, and they're usually stylized faces. The first kit in the Gunpla Girls line is a particular point of contention for the Gunpla community.

If they can pull this off I'd be genuinely surprised.

Well, their S.H. Figuarts line seems to be able to get it right:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2016/09/fwooshcast-ep-38-oh-figuarts-han-solo-youre-so-dreamy/

I wouldn't say anywhere near half. I'd still rather watch Jar Jar episodes than the Sequels.

I'd also note that most of us are men whose average age is probably mid-40s. This was an animated show on Cartoon Network. The Clone Wars wasn't created just for adult men. Some episodes are intended to appeal to kids and young kids like Jar Jar. Mine did and still do. If it helps them like Star Wars, I can give them that.

The other way to look at it is that there were 121 episodes produced. If even 60 episodes were adult cool, that's pretty good for a show like that.

As for the Han and Luke kits... meh. It's basically a re-pop of the OT stormtrooper kit with a new sprue for the faces. It's likely going to require swappable heads since the way Bandai engineered the helmet there's no way it can be made to fit over a model human head. If I didn't already have a stormie, it would be a cool option, but I'm not going to buy a new kit just for the heads.

Not quite, since the hair on the Han SHF is more detailed than here.

Based on the promo pics and the picture of the joints on the site:

inners.JPG

joint.JPG

The joints have been resized. I'd expect Han to a look a bit bigger than the standard kit, and Luke looking to be too short to be a Stormtrooper.

Last edited:
Hah, love that they made Luke shorter! Also, those face sculpts are pretty impressive.

Insert "Come on Bandai, make _________ instead!" here.

Hah, love that they made Luke shorter! Also, those face sculpts are pretty impressive.

Insert "Come on Bandai, make _________ instead!" here.

A serious one:

Come on Bandai, make an Imperial Probe Droid instead!

Seem like the figures and vehicles are different lines, but a Probe Droid is not out of the figures line wheel house.

Come on Bandai, make a 1:2 R2-D2 instead!

I really want one so my BB-8 is no longer sitting alone on the display, and DeAgos is way to expansive,takes too long to finish and might even not be released over here at my area

I'd also note that most of us are men whose average age is probably mid-40s. This was an animated show on Cartoon Network. The Clone Wars wasn't created just for adult men. Some episodes are intended to appeal to kids and young kids like Jar Jar. Mine did and still do. If it helps them like Star Wars, I can give them that.

The other way to look at it is that there were 121 episodes produced. If even 60 episodes were adult cool, that's pretty good for a show like that.

As for the Han and Luke kits... meh. It's basically a re-pop of the OT stormtrooper kit with a new sprue for the faces. It's likely going to require swappable heads since the way Bandai engineered the helmet there's no way it can be made to fit over a model human head. If I didn't already have a stormie, it would be a cool option, but I'm not going to buy a new kit just for the heads.
Yeah, my 4 year old son watched the phantom menace the other day. He thinks jar jar is the greatest.

As for the clone wars, I just skipped the Droid, jar jar, and padme episodes.

However, whenever I check one of them out, I'm always pleasantly surprised

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018...isguise-model-kits-promotion-images-and-info/

Another disappointing release. They are cool and all but where is the b wing or TIE bomber!

I agree. Why doesnt Bandai just concentrate on releasing all the main ships from the original trilogy and then move on to figures and the other trilogies.
Instead theyre bouncing all over the place with releasing slightly modified duplicates and stuff.
Im still waiting for a Blockade runner, Probe Droid, Super Star destroyer, and B-wing.

Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back