Best toys of the 70's

I cant upload pictures cause Im at work, but Im a child from the 80's but do you guys remember those guns that shot the little plastic discs? I remember those being super fun, I was trying to find one for my little cousin but of course they dont make them anymore.

I cant upload pictures cause Im at work, but Im a child from the 80's but do you guys remember those guns that shot the little plastic discs? I remember those being super fun, I was trying to find one for my little cousin but of course they dont make them anymore.

The Tracer Toy Disk Gun. They still sell vintage ones on ebay for anywhere from $50 to hundreds.
Tracer gun.jpg

The Remco Star Trek belt was, along with my Mego Spock, my favorite toy in the 70s. The belt was thick black plastic with a chromed rim around the buckle, held a phaser, communicator and tricorder. The phaser shot those plastic disks, just like the tracer gun a few posts above...

Remco also made similar belts with various gear for Space 1999 but also, weirdly, Spiderman, the Hulk, Superman, Batman (not so odd for him).

The Remco Star Trek belt was, along with my Mego Spock, my favorite toy in the 70s. The belt was thick black plastic with a chromed rim around the buckle, held a phaser, communicator and tricorder. The phaser shot those plastic disks, just like the tracer gun a few posts above...

Remco also made similar belts with various gear for Space 1999 but also, weirdly, Spiderman, the Hulk, Superman, Batman (not so odd for him).
IMG_8133.JPG

Anyone ever have one like this? Mine looked pretty close to this but a little different. It shot the discs out by rubber band power and the top funnel was for catching dics shot at you. Once you caught a disc it would go right back into the loader. However I was the only child who had one so I never got to use the "catcher" as no one else had a gun to shoot the discs back at me. Wah!:cry
maxresdefault.jpg

Just a few of my faves as a kid in the UK

5140_l.jpg79e733e5f6999efb378e4a75ecd1f168.jpgaction-man-french-resistance-fighter-sotw-1.jpgDinky Interceptor front.jpgf404c80133dff4438ff27f1f245814a3.jpgEmpire TB 2 green jeep.jpgdinky-cars.jpgDinky SPV diorama.jpgTB1frictionwithboxTOY2.JPGPlaston_Stingray_015.jpgjoe90.jpgindex.jpgvintage-1960s-arnold-palmers-pro-shot_360_007400678aeedaf0ed4d706f91495de0.jpgyour_n83.jpg2313_l.jpg0326d91f4bff7cb1a02302f918d4e431.jpg3418_l.jpgmC7RodEVHNtV8sdr1p8SUzw.jpg957ef5aa0de6f1446055d6c7d3bba5a2.jpg6a00d83451cbb069e200e54f6b51d18833-800wi.jpgvintage-old-arindco-imperial-driver-cricket-bat-arindera-sports-jullunder-india-circa-1970s-3301.jpgWilson-Stan-Smith-Junior-Capri-Tennis-Racquet-VINTAGE.jpgDSC07350.JPG

Any so many Airfix kits. As you can see my childhood was greatly influenced by Gerry Anderson. Still love his shows at 54!
Home made skateboard using my sisters skates ( pic not mine though). My Dad also made me a wooden painted Captain America Shield which was fantastic, heavy, had hose grips and never returned when thrown LOL.

Finally, one of the greatest ever toys for our generation

corrugated_stack.png

Last edited:
And because it wouldn't allow more than 24 on my post

conkers.jpgLetraset.jpgcatapult.jpg

All 27 of these were very dear to me as a lad. My childhood would not have been as fantastic without them, Thanks Mum and Dad X

Last edited:
OK so they were conkers, Letraset Action Dry Rub transfers and a catapult made from a bit of a tree branch...endless fun...well apart from the Letraset which was over way too quick LOL

Got a tablet from a company called Conkertab. Could not for the life of me figure out why they would call their company that. Lol!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back