Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

What do you mean by original parts? Are you saying you have original detail parts used on the original and you are removing those represented on the DeAgostini parts?

Also, for others, this makes me wonder. How much of this will be like the FM kit where a lot of detail is molded separately? I'm thinking of the engine deck, for example. I don't think it's supposed to require glue, which makes it hard to have a bunch of other parts, but some parts are molded separately and glued on before shipping (e.g. the curcular turret piece in one of the first four issues).

Thanks,
Mike Todd

I think there'll be a lot of detail parts added on later especially for the rear engines. You'll notice on the top gun turret plate there's a few openings for potential parts to be popped on and on reference photos there are definitely parts there that couldn't be molded on as they were more detailed and had positive angles or whatever it's called. Can't remember the term. i was thinking the same thing too about detailed add on parts but the turret part made me think it's gonna be all good.

I figured but I don't have that part yet.

I used a standard 2 prong PC adapter plug and an AC Adapter set at 6v to do some LED testing... I don't know yet if I'm gonna use the provided backwall or if I'm gonna put in my own LED system yet with Fibers. I'm leaning more toward the fiber route to add some blinking lights to the wall and the front control console (maybe the sides too). Still working it out in my head at the moment. I definately know I'm gonna be stealing some of Ian Lawrences ideas! He's done some awesome work and makes me want to buy a 3D printer for myself.

Here are a couple of screen grabs from the video of the turret window and the seam of the removable section. This is what I was afraid of. You can see that it doesn't quite set flush when closed. I'm going to have to come up with something to make it close tight. That gap doesn't work for me.
Celebration.jpgTurret.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of screen grabs from the video of the turret window and the seam of the removable section. This is what I was afraid of. You can see that it doesn't quite set flush when closed. I'm going to have to come up with something to make it close tight. That gap doesn't work for me.
View attachment 467832View attachment 467833

Maybe it just wasn't seated correctly? It lifts straight off in the video, so maybe it was just placed there for viewing purposes but wasn't actually fitted properly?

The example on display does look a bit rough, though. Maybe they didn't have a lot of time to put it together,,,

I saw that up close this weekend. It was really terribly painted, and beat to hell. They said it was quite damaged in shipping from the UK for the show, so it had some issues.

It didn't matter though as the detail is there. I'm still in.

My ONLY concern or gripe is the top hull plate doesn't over hang the mandibles. It's some weird look like the new hasbro. I was told this was the early prototype and lots of things will be better and fixed for the production.

I saw that up close this weekend. It was really terribly painted, and beat to hell. They said it was quite damaged in shipping from the UK for the show, so it had some issues.

My ONLY concern or gripe is the top hull plate doesn't over hang the mandibles. It's some weird look like the new hasbro. I was told this was the early prototype and lots of things will be better and fixed for the production.

Yea it didn't overhang over the mandibles on the MR either. I could tell it was beat up when you could see the rear fins resting on their sides lol. I like to bring up stuff like the removable piece not sitting flush just to start the conversation with you guys on brainstorming ideas of possible fixes if it is a problem. I like to have it all planned out in my mind ahead of time.

Yea it didn't overhang over the mandibles on the MR either. I could tell it was beat up when you could see the rear fins resting on their sides lol. I like to bring up stuff like the removable piece not sitting flush just to start the conversation with you guys on brainstorming ideas of possible fixes if it is a problem. I like to have it all planned out in my mind ahead of time.

I know the feeling... I like to plan out all my builds in my head too before I begin even touching the plastic. I do hope they get the hull overhang issue fixed in the release. But we probably won't see any of that until issue 50-60 sometime. If you look at the blueprint back it should give us some idea of what issue from the part numbers of the frames. or at least in the ballpark.

I find it odd..that a company who makes models.... can't paint their prototype better than me when I was a 6-year old kid :) It would have been much better to have an unpainted version than this... I agree the details appear to be there...this will be a good model...I just think they hurt their own sales by doing this.

Just to point out, the hull panel supplied with issue 17 has a hole and what appears to be a mount on the rear for a pcb, hopefully this means it is just the smaller landing lights and the red warning lights that will need to be added if one so wishes.

I have mentioned it before, but I also have a page on Shapeways with parts for the hold area and it can be found here

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/Envisaged_Image

I don't think that sales will be hurt at all. Its aimed at a rather broad range of people with different skill levels. There are those that will be completely happy building it out of the box, and those that will detail and paint the hell out of it and everything in between! :) I'm not to worried about detail. As long as they provide a good base to build on. Like I've said before this is the closest that I'll ever get to owning the real thing. Some of the build threads I'm seeing are pretty great so far. My guess is we are going to see all kinds of detail parts on Shapeways in the coming months.

I think having the interior be partially visible was a smart thing to do. That part of the model is just going to pop with detail. I'm undecided what to do. I know I'm going to wait a while til I have enough parts and aftermarket details before I build it. I've got my FM still sitting in the box and a shopping cart full of Tony's parts for it. Should I still go ahead and build it?

this is going to be a fun build, but remember its a hobby. First and foremost it's to be enjoyed.

Is anyone still waiting on their second month delivery? I got the shipping notice on the 9th, but it has yet to arrive. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow, as I'm assuming it's lost at this point - my first delivery came much faster. I also noticed that they shipped my first month to my billing address, and not my shipping address. I've never had that happen anywhere before. Luckily their customer service seems pretty decent at resolving issues.

Jason

Just discovered your parts over the weekend Great stuff. Especially love your work for the front wall.

Just to point out, the hull panel supplied with issue 17 has a hole and what appears to be a mount on the rear for a pcb, hopefully this means it is just the smaller landing lights and the red warning lights that will need to be added if one so wishes.

I have mentioned it before, but I also have a page on Shapeways with parts for the hold area and it can be found here

https://www.shapeways.com/designer/Envisaged_Image

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back