Doc's foam/fiberglass work + Mark 42 painted pieces

Re: Doc's foam work and now Styrene...gloves improved

Sorry havent put anything up in a lil bit, workin nonstop but heres somthin to peak interest the chest is painted:)

Attachments

• trim.tCUu5b.MOV
    5.6 MB · Views: 428
Re: Doc's foam work + Mk7 chest done

chest and back just quickly taped together to show how it looks in daylight, its darkside's awesome V2 back which I unfolded for this build

Attachments

• trim.dqqJn9.MOV
    1.9 MB · Views: 372
Last edited:
Re: Doc's foam work + more clear vid of Mk7 very detailed chest and back finished

Really detailed work, 100% accurate and very good job on paint as well.

Re: Doc's foam work + more clear vid of Mk7 very detailed chest and back finished

Voc, is there anyway you could put your vids in another format other than windows media? Sadly I'm unable ta utilise my windows partition there are people on YouTube that would love ta see your work brah me included your like a machine do you even sleep? :eek::p:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Really detailed work, 100% accurate and very good job on paint as well.

Thanks Scouser:D
Voc, is there anyway you could put your vids in another format other than windows media? Sadly I'm unable ta utilise my windows partition there are people on YouTube that would love ta see your work brah me included your like a machine do you even sleep? :eek::p:cool:

Sure I will look into that for ya. Sleep? whats that? :lol

Thanx that would be appreciable Doc :p:cool:

really nice bro cant wait to see it all put together

Re: Foam Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo...big update can see little daylight

For those of you questioning the toughness of the end product of this, keep in mind, you can ALSO actually fiberglass the INSIDE of these pieces with just the resin and fiberglass cloth.

Contrary to what people will have you believe, you CAN fiberglass foam. It will NOT melt. Will hopefully have a video up soon for you guys to check out.

hey Doc! I saw this on page 6, have you tried this one out before? has anyone else try this out on the inside of their foam build?

Re: Foam Ironman Mark VII coated with rondo...big update can see little daylight

really nice bro cant wait to see it all put together

Thanks bud n yours is on its way:)

hey Doc! I saw this on page 6, have you tried this one out before? has anyone else try this out on the inside of their foam build?

yea I have, but my way of thinking has changed. In the beginning a wanted to make foam more rigid. But now I do not. If I want a rigid suit I will go the cardstock route. Some say going the foam route is easier which I think is false. Either route be it foam or cardstock can be super easy it just matters how much work and effort the builder puts in their build. So after I stopped using rondo my goal was to have my builds look rigid but actually their not but flexable yet durable, lightweight, impact and crack resistant and with an awesome finish. I have now incorporated elastometric coatings in to the my method. and works beautifully. So I have now achieved my goal. My method is more simple and read that alot of members having trouble using adhesion promoters so I took it out and no need for it. So Im going to stick with not hardcoating . As for foam being easy my build are not. checkout the level of accuracy. Put my back on image of ironman and fits perfectly just different shade if red. And no was not easy:).
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,624

Thanks bud n yours is on its way:)

yea I have, but my way of thinking has changed. In the beginning a wanted to make foam more rigid. But now I do not. If I want a rigid suit I will go the cardstock route. Some say going the foam route is easier which I think is false. Either route be it foam or cardstock can be super easy it just matters how much work and effort the builder puts in their build. So after I stopped using rondo my goal was to have my builds look rigid but actually their not but flexable yet durable, lightweight, impact and crack resistant and with an awesome finish. I have now incorporated coatings in to the my method. and works beautifully. So I have now achieved my goal. My method is more simple and read that alot of members having trouble using adhesion promoters so I took it out and no need for it. So Im going to stick with not hardcoating . As for foam being easy my build are not. checkout the level of accuracy. Put my back on image of ironman and fits perfectly just different shade if red. And no was not easy:). http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=180042&d=1367719671

Looks cool doc, where can I buy the elastometric?

...I have now incorporated elastometric coatings in to the my method. and works beautifully. So I have now achieved my goal. My method is more simple and read that alot of members having trouble using adhesion promoters so I took it out and no need for it...

Wait a second… you have eliminated the adhesion promoter from your method? I'm all ears. What's the process now with elastomerics? Beautiful work by the way.

For fellow Canadians that can not find sprayble plasti dip, my local Home Hardware store was able to order some for me and the product is also on their website. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

nice work really (y)thumbsup

thanks and to you as well, just checked out your Mk V:thumbsup

Wait a second… you have eliminated the adhesion promoter from your method? I'm all ears. What's the process now with elastomerics? Beautiful work by the way.

Yup its out. I know the flashtime can get a lil confusing for some so this new way has all the steps just without adhesion promoter and almost impossible to get wrong, the almost for some out there lol jk I will post tutorial soon with pics.

Looks cool doc, where can I buy the elastometric?

I will post which products as well later on

For fellow Canadians that can not find sprayble plasti dip, my local Home Hardware store was able to order some for me and the product is also on their website. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Nice find for your fellow canadians.

- - - Updated - - -

check out the flexibility

Attachments

• trim.eLREsM.MOV
    2.2 MB · Views: 420
Re: Doc's foam work + vid of Mk7 very detailed chest and back finished+flex test vid

Hey Doc! That is some awesome stuff youre doing with foam and ive decided to go same way. Any tips maybe?

I have few issues here actually about foam, barely managed to get something, now im waiting for delivery from some EVA foam supplyer.
I was readying youre thread here and checked what ways youre using to seal foam. Did you change there anything from your page 25 i think where you explained or any diferent aproach to diferent parts like helmet, arms, legs, chest?
I have to find right material thought here for the diferent layers youre using becase all the material you have there we dont have here(slovenia-small one in europe)

Re: Doc's foam work + vid of Mk7 very detailed chest and back finished+flex test vid

Hey Doc! That is some awesome stuff youre doing with foam and ive decided to go same way. Any tips maybe?

I have few issues here actually about foam, barely managed to get something, now im waiting for delivery from some EVA foam supplyer.
I was readying youre thread here and checked what ways youre using to seal foam. Did you change there anything from your page 25 i think where you explained or any diferent aproach to diferent parts like helmet, arms, legs, chest?
I have to find right material thought here for the diferent layers youre using becase all the material you have there we dont have here(slovenia-small one in europe)

Cool dude to get ya interested. My sealing has not changed, just my coating/painting changed its more simple. I try to simplify everthing that can be. I will post detailed tut soon when I get free time and if ya guys want one.

Cool dude to get ya interested. My sealing has not changed, just my coating/painting changed its more simple. I try to simplify everthing that can be. I will post detailed tut soon when I get free time and if ya guys want one.

Great, thank you.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back