My First Attempt at a Jurassic Park Cryo Can

azheat01

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I was finally able to get my hands on one of Rylo's awesome cryo racks but still needed a can. I found one of the older style Barbasol cans and decided to get it even though the shape is wrong. For my display that was good enough; however, I wanted to try and make one as well.

I searched high and low for retro / old shaving cream cans that had a similar shape but couldn't find anything. Then I remembered someone saying a whip cream can might work; but I noticed the name brand cans have changed styles completely. Well yesterday I was in my local Fry's and I thought I would check. Even though the name brand cans have changed, I was surprised to see this generic brand and thought the can design was very close.

IMG_0816.JPG

I bought this one, emptied it, pulled off the top and wrapper, cut it, and then hit the top portion with a few shots of white spray paint.

IMG_0809.JPG

I bought the label download on Etsy, printed it on some self-adhesive vinyl, and wrapped the can. I then used a lid from a $1.50 can of Barbasol and stuck it on top, fit perfectly.

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0813.JPG

Not bad for a total of about $6.50.

This was my first attempt, but I did buy another can. The side seam isn't exactly spaced right with the label so I will make another one here shortly. This still looks great even though it's not exactly the right can; looks much better than the actual Barbasol can I purchased, IMO.

Also, here's a side by side comparison with the newer, original can (left) and my can (right). I like that the can I made has the more accurate top brim.

IMG_0815.JPG

Last edited:
That looks awesome.

That looks spot on!

Thank you!

So after looking at the can I didn't like how the top came out. I used Satin sheen and it kind of looks textured. I was trying to match the sheen of the original can but the Satin has that eggshell texture. So, I made another one and used Gloss........looks so much better!

Gloss on the left, Satin on the right.

IMG_0817.jpg

So I was finally able to get my hands on one of Rylo's awesome cryo racks but still needed a can. I found one of the older style Barbasol cans and decided to get it even though the shape is wrong. For my display that was good enough; however, I wanted to try and make one as well.

I searched high and low for retro / old shaving cream cans that had a similar shape but couldn't find anything. Then I remembered someone saying a whip cream can might work; but I noticed the name brand cans have changed styles completely. Well yesterday I was in my local Fry's and I thought I would check. Even though the name brand cans have changed, I was surprised to see this generic brand and thought the can design was very close.

View attachment 834745

I bought this one, emptied it, pulled off the top and wrapper, cut it, and then hit the top portion with a few shots of white spray paint.

View attachment 834747

I bought the label download on Etsy, printed it on some self-adhesive vinyl, and wrapped the can. I then used a lid from a $1.50 can of Barbasol and stuck it on top, fit perfectly.

View attachment 834748

View attachment 834749

View attachment 834750

Not bad for a total of about $6.50.

This was my first attempt, but I did buy another can. The side seam isn't exactly spaced right with the label so I will make another one here shortly. This still looks great even though it's not exactly the right can; looks much better than the actual Barbasol can I purchased, IMO.

Also, here's a side by side comparison with the newer, original can (left) and my can (right). I like that the can I made has the more accurate top brim.

View attachment 834752

Where did you get the metal insert that holds the embrios?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back