Original Sith costume

And the current state of affairs:
sith3.jpg

Obviously I'm not done yet, but, I like where I'm going :D

I'd love to, but, the neck would need some serious rework for that to work. I might look into it, because I've got some red EL wire still kicking about in want of purpose ;)

...and on the first day of Christmas, I realized I hadn't shown close-ups yet of the virtually finished comlink ;) Here we go:

sith4_1.jpg

sith4_2.jpg

sith4_3.jpg

It’s looking good, I like it.
Here are some additional ideas.
I felt like the bottom was a different character than the top, main because the armor ends at the waist, so I tried to match the tabarth in a way thats not so obvious.
I thought that the hand rags has been used enough and started to feel a little cliched, so i cut the fingers as if it were a gauntlet, but leaving knuckles and a little more covered
Added a little “dead inside” make up feel. Finger nails as well.
A little led lights for pop wow
A sithier larger buckle
And creepy eyes
Hope you like it.
03cd07ab132bc9a4c82e786818e00f81.jpg

First and foremost, thanks for taking the effort to make a sketch like this :-D Quite impressive, IMHO.

Now, as to the ideas themselves, I like 'em. Not quite sure if I'll use them wholesale, but they've certainly given me food for thought, especially the loincloth (loinarmour?). So, kudos!

I thought everyone was wearing surgical masks at first! Lol

I was thinking that was smoke coming out of their face holes after Hellwolve Sith said "I find your lack of artistic ability disturbing." and used Form 7 to spin and flash his lightsaber On/Off at each of the students whose drawings didn't look just like him. ;) HA! :lol

First and foremost, thanks for taking the effort to make a sketch like this :-D Quite impressive, IMHO.

Now, as to the ideas themselves, I like 'em. Not quite sure if I'll use them wholesale, but they've certainly given me food for thought, especially the loincloth (loinarmour?). So, kudos!

Thx!
They are just ideas.
The most important one being to add contrast and texture.
All movie Siths are not all 100% black, although they might look or read that way. If they were 100% black they would read as a black blob.

Thats why Vader’s mask and armor are actually gunmetal grey, not black. And the shiny leather suit contrasts with the cape and robes. Maul’s shirt is a very dark grey, his tabarth and scarf is crumbled textured cloth, while sleeves and legs are smooth and pleated. Palpatine’s robe is super waffled thick cloth for texture.

Now for the make up, I think it’s fundamental to remove the redness. We humans are red blooded, and it shows our emotional or health state. When we’re happy or embarrassed we blush, when we get scared or sick we get pale, when we are cold we get red noses an ears. That’s why i think a sith should look cold, cynical, bloodless, disengaged. And look less like a kid with a costume,... or in words of Snoke... “a kid with a mask”

Gee I’m getting excited to build my own sith!

I was thinking that was smoke coming out of their face holes after Hellwolve Sith said "I find your lack of artistic ability disturbing." and used Form 7 to spin and flash his lightsaber On/Off at each of the students whose drawings didn't look just like him. ;) HA! :lol

Could've been, but I've got more plans for those folks ;-)

Thx!
They are just ideas.
The most important one being to add contrast and texture.
All movie Siths are not all 100% black, although they might look or read that way. If they were 100% black they would read as a black blob.

Thats why Vader’s mask and armor are actually gunmetal grey, not black. And the shiny leather suit contrasts with the cape and robes. Maul’s shirt is a very dark grey, his tabarth and scarf is crumbled textured cloth, while sleeves and legs are smooth and pleated. Palpatine’s robe is super waffled thick cloth for texture.

Now for the make up, I think it’s fundamental to remove the redness. We humans are red blooded, and it shows our emotional or health state. When we’re happy or embarrassed we blush, when we get scared or sick we get pale, when we are cold we get red noses an ears. That’s why i think a sith should look cold, cynical, bloodless, disengaged. And look less like a kid with a costume,... or in words of Snoke... “a kid with a mask”

Gee I’m getting excited to build my own sith!

You're more than welcome to ;-) Your message comes through loud and clear; I'll be putting my thinking cap on :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back