New Zvezda Star Destroyer Model kit

I've been working on a 54" Star Destroyer since 2008, and would love to print this out. The generators have been one of the parts that have kept me from moving forward. Will your work on this be available for purchase? P.S. GREAT WORK!

I've been working on a 54" Star Destroyer since 2008, and would love to print this out. The generators have been one of the parts that have kept me from moving forward. Will your work on this be available for purchase? P.S. GREAT WORK!
Thanks. I plan on making these available once I get it right, or at least more correct. If you mean you're working on a model that's actually 54" then these would have to be scaled. In which case some of the details could actually be redone to show more detail because of less print restrictions. Let me know what you have in mind.

Bill

I'm using a Form 1+ SLA, so the detail is excellent. I have a couple of the multifaceted crystals but the triangles are not very well cut. If I can help out with any printing PLEASE let me know. Thanks again. sd.jpg

Attachments

• sd.png
    sd.png
    509.6 KB · Views: 229
Shipped from Russia on 8th feb. and will have the kit tomorrow (21st feb) in my hands. After it got dispatched from Russian customs, only took few days to get to Finland. Pretty fast as I was expecting alot longer shipping time but hey, I guess thats a bonus when living so near :lol Surprised it didn't even get "caught" on Finnish customs. Bought from Bentley.

I'm a bit late to the game sorry chaps, mind if I ask where would be the beat place to buy one of these.
Does anyone know a trusted seller ?

If I were you, at this point, I'd wait until Revell of Germany releases the kit in April. If you order from Russia off eBay your looking at probably getting it around the same time frame anyway.

If I were you, at this point, I'd wait until Revell of Germany releases the kit in April. If you order from Russia off eBay your looking at probably getting it around the same time frame anyway.

I've seen talk of an April release and I've also seen talk of a late May release for UK specifically. I know which I hope for, but I know which I fear...

Okay, I am now ready to start my preparations for taking over the galaxy. :ninja My ZSD just got here.

VERY small "rebox" -- and a flimsy box at that. The apex of the aft lower hull got bent a bit - repairable, and I'm okay with that at the savings over other options. No instructions as promised (which is kind of dumb, considering the modest weight). It was really jammed in the box - quite a snug fit. I'm actually surprised that there wasn't more damage.

Ordered on eBay January 27, got here on February 24. Three days less than a month. Beat the shipping estimate by a lot, which I'm seeing is not uncommon. Paid $90 plus $35 shipping from seller manui_manui. I would have been happier to spend the extra money on a non-reboxed version, in 20/20 hindsight, even though this puppy goes right into build.

Geez yeah, big! Lovely, fine detail. With very few add-ons, will make an outstanding part of my first foray back into real building in 40 years.http://www.ebay.com/usr/manui_manui?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad yours finally showed up. Here's a tip, when gluing the side panels of the superstructure on, glue two at the same time so you can adjust the fit where the corners butt up to each other. There is just a tiny bit of play in these parts and if glued too far back you will have a gap in your corners.

I'll second that, but say that on most of the pieces, the play is REEEEAAALLLY REAAAAAAAALY little - the kit is super tightly engineered. The only other issue I ran into, and I'm not sure if I'm alone here, but the forward halves of the hull were very very slightly narrower than the main halves, meaning the rim on the edge that overhangs the side trenches didn't quite line up and may need a tiny bit of sheet styrene work to hide it. Enjoy!

I'd like to give a big shout out of thanks to Fett_Ish for being so kind and gracious to sell me his extra Zvezda kit which arrived today in marvelous shape less than three days after he sent it.

I am simply gobsmacked in studying the parts. Photos really do not do this a lot of justice on the details and crispness. It's the perfect size for someone that does not have 6-8 feet of space to display a capital ship, but just big enough to really allow some studio-scale-esque details to be added.

I'm beginning to formulate how I will light this kit and enhance it within my limited talent and ability-range, so all the WIPs and vids and pics you all post here are an incredible and much appreciated resource for those of us who are gulping just a little bit at the task to make this great kit really shine.

Keep those WIPS coming fellas, you have an audience that is learning from everything you are sharing with us in your builds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll second that, but say that on most of the pieces, the play is REEEEAAALLLY REAAAAAAAALY little - the kit is super tightly engineered. The only other issue I ran into, and I'm not sure if I'm alone here, but the forward halves of the hull were very very slightly narrower than the main halves, meaning the rim on the edge that overhangs the side trenches didn't quite line up and may need a tiny bit of sheet styrene work to hide it. Enjoy!

Yes exactly, I hope I didn't imply that the fit was sloppy at all. The play is just that if it's just tick back you will have just a tiny gap at the corners.

Glad yours finally showed up. Here's a tip, when gluing the side panels of the superstructure on, glue two at the same time so you can adjust the fit where the corners butt up to each other. There is just a tiny bit of play in these parts and if glued too far back you will have a gap in your corners.

Thanks for that! I was noticing where the seams were in various build threads, and I'm really looking forward to getting all of these fiddly bits removed from sprues and cleaned up.

Since I have a bitty drill press, I'm going to drill out as many of the holes as possible with it, assemble, and then finish each hole with my little Tamiya drill gun. I'm hoping that using the drill press will allow me to get nicely spaced, neatly lined up portholes. That's the theory, anyway.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from work on the 27th and there was a card saying there was a package at the post office for me, picked it up yesterday.
Desktp.png

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back