Big Trouble in Little China

I've sent some email but have had absolutely no response so I guess we are on our own. I'll dig out the decal images I have and start working on them again. I'll post my progress.

I recently got high res shots (from a production member) of a survey of the Pork Chop Express ON SET. I have gone back to the drawing board, but they will be PERFECT. (and sorry, I cannot share the source files)

They are so high res you can see that the pig art was a decal applied over the truck's existing paint work/bolts!

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 6.45.21 AM.png

I recently got high res shots (from a production member) of a survey of the Pork Chop Express ON SET. I have gone back to the drawing board, but they will be PERFECT. (and sorry, I cannot share the source files)

They are so high res you can see that the pig art was a decal applied over the truck's existing paint work/bolts!

View attachment 619934

so you can't give us the jack guy , you can't share the decals , but you got advice from the cab from us , bit selfish really and pointless making your last post as your bringing nothing to the table really thought this was like a joint group thing

The Jack guy - It is not my sculpt and I don't own it so I can't give you anything that isn't mine.

The decals - I have always been making the decal art to hand off to a decal printer to run sets for everyone, so what is the problem?

The source photography - I didn't take the set pics myself obviously, and was literally only given them so that I could make a more accurate decal set for EVERYONE, but asked not to share the source photographs publicly. This is not exactly an unheard of thing, so lay off. I posted what I thought was an exciting update showing a hint of the accuracy that Pork Chop Express fans could be looking forward to.

But if I am apparently bringing nothing to the table, then I guess I will do a lot less work and just make the model for myself? Good stuff, thank you. You have made my job easier because it's a TON more work to make these parts and decals reproducible, other than as one offs.

Look fella, just like most everyone else in this forum, I have a 9-5, a hobby/freelance that becomes essentially the time equivalent of a second full time job, a wife, family, like to spend a couple hours sleeping, and sometimes even relaxing. I don't have endless bits of free time to devote to the things I love and am making, and I don't remember any time tables being talked about. I am working as fast as my hands allow - hands which have had two surgeries in the past year and are having a third in a few months. It really is quite surprising and irritating to read that I am being SELFISH. I have spent around $400 on this project so far. Haven't taken any one's money. What do I OWE you, and how fast do I owe it, again?

You want selfish? Should I just walk away from reproducing the decal set, extended tanks/cab/hood ornament/photoetch/etc? Just say the word. Seriously. I dare you. I'd actually like to reclaim some of my free time and know I wasn't going to disappoint someone who was planning a Pork Chop Express build.

WTF.

You give lone jerks way too much attention and thought, Jason. :)

Can't wait to see the fruits of this new reference. Nothing finer than big badass reference photos that clear up a bunch of questions on a project. Best feeling ever.

Decals will come from JT-Graphics. Will try to get these done in time for WF.
Parts will be cast by Timeslip (the guy who also made the Jack/creature figures so I assume they will be in the same bundle).
Photo etch - probably will ask ParaGrafix to run with that ball, get 'em done in silver.

At least ya got me motivated!

Nothing finer than big badass reference photos that clear up a bunch of questions on a project. Best feeling ever.

In the series of shots, you can see a guy move about the truck, and in doing so leave a few smudges of "clean" on the dirty cab.... those smudges perfectly match up to the "weathering" of the truck during the run up to the fight sequence.... it's VERY gratifying to get some higher res shots to aide in the construction of this thing. And I JUST got the pics... and am HAPPY to redo things I have built because it will be better for it now...

How effing selfish of me.

Sweet! Well hell, I'll wait until Fall in case there is even better reference in those books.

I just started isolating the reference pics for decal art. But I need to see those books - thank you for the heads up!

Last edited:
Wouldn't this photoetch from KFS be all we need?
pe85.JPG

Decals will come from JT-Graphics. Will try to get these done in time for WF.
Parts will be cast by Timeslip (the guy who also made the Jack/creature figures so I assume they will be in the same bundle).
Photo etch - probably will ask ParaGrafix to run with that ball, get 'em done in silver.

At least ya got me motivated!

Been kicking around the PCE on a truck forum on FB. One recommendation was to change the base model for Jack's truck to one of these two kits. Funny thing is they are the same kit, just that Revell reboxed it.
122621-12155-85-pristine.jpg562a8382f396f_360016b.jpg

The sleeper appears to be the right width, just needs to be raised to the proper height. The fuel tanks also seem to be the right size as well.

No, the font and art is wrong. My PE art has the right font with apostrophe, correct girl art, also has the smokestack heat shields, Freuhauf badging, bug shield hardware, windshield wipers.... Bunch of stuff!

- - - Updated - - -

I have the freightliner conventional - fuel tanks still need to be lengthened, brackets repositioned (again that and the treadplate is photoetch)

Please tell me you got the hood ornament sorted as well, I'd hate to have to buy a car kit for just that piece.

No, the font and art is wrong. My PE art has the right font with apostrophe, correct girl art, also has the smokestack heat shields, Freuhauf badging, bug shield hardware, windshield wipers.... Bunch of stuff!

Haven't seen this movie in a long time. But I'm guessing they never made a studio model of the truck...but this build you are working on, I'm sure when done, would be equal to a studio model.

The movie made the rounds here in Canada during a country wide Digital Movie Festival, loved seeing it on the big screen once again.

There would be no need for a studio model for the Pork Chop Express as they had the truck to work with. This is what got me going to make my own PCE. It is from a member here, chromiumdioxide, several years ago.
97831a5b.jpg

Haven't seen this movie in a long time. But I'm guessing they never made a studio model of the truck...but this build you are working on, I'm sure when done, would be equal to a studio model.

- - - Updated - - -

Which car was it?

Yep! Same scale, cost me like $30 lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back