The Official V4 Info and Instructions Depot™

I am surprised at how sparce the talk is about this kit. Seems like only a few are interested. I hope I am wrong and that Mike is getting a lot of pm's asking to get a kit.

I have built a V3 and a V3.1. Both built up easily for a resin kit and they looked phenomenal when finished.

Now, I eagerly await the V4 that I paid for about a week ago and look at buying another very soon.

Those of whom that are on the fence, jump down as fast as you can and get your name on the list. You will not regret it.

Thank you Mike for your amazing skill and the kits that you make.

I am surprised at how sparce the talk is about this kit. Seems like only a few are interested. I hope I am wrong and that Mike is getting a lot of pm's asking to get a kit.

I have built a V3 and a V3.1. Both built up easily for a resin kit and they looked phenomenal when finished.

Now, I eagerly await the V4 that I paid for about a week ago and look at buying another very soon.

Those of whom that are on the fence, jump down as fast as you can and get your name on the list. You will not regret it.

Yes, definately is a beautiful kit and looks fantastic when finished! Does anyone know if Mike Reader is still doing the aluminum armatures? I tried emailing him and have not heard back?.

I bought an aluminum armature from Mike Reader around the time the V4 was first released - he was BURIED with armature orders and other work.
It took a long time and follow up emails every month or two, but Mike came through and delivered the armature. Absolutely worth the effort and the wait.

I'll tell you, I certainly jumped at the opportunity. I just happened to be on the RPF at the time Mike posted the thread Sunday about having a few kits available as well as opening up the run for a bit. At first, I didn't notice that he was making them available again, I thought he was addressing the folks asking about the armature repair from the last run. When I noticed he had a few kits available, I couldn't reply fast enough. I've sent him a couple of PM's asking if he was going to make any more and been checking the Junkyard for a kit a couple of times a day for months now. I can't tell you how excited I am to have the opportunity to get a hold of one of Mike's kits. I'm guessing that the demand is there, I'd assume he's received quite a few PM's.

Yes, definately is a beautiful kit and looks fantastic when finished! Does anyone know if Mike Reader is still doing the aluminum armatures? I tried emailing him and have not heard back?.

Mike Reader emailed me and said that he is working on them and they should be available in a month or so.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you, I certainly jumped at the opportunity. I just happened to be on the RPF at the time Mike posted the thread Sunday about having a few kits available as well as opening up the run for a bit. At first, I didn't notice that he was making them available again, I thought he was addressing the folks asking about the armature repair from the last run. When I noticed he had a few kits available, I couldn't reply fast enough. I've sent him a couple of PM's asking if he was going to make any more and been checking the Junkyard for a kit a couple of times a day for months now. I can't tell you how excited I am to have the opportunity to get a hold of one of Mike's kits. I'm guessing that the demand is there, I'd assume he's received quite a few PM's.

As soon as I saw that he had 5 almost ready to go I jumped. I also paid ASAP. I can't wait to get it.

Whats the scale on these? Pardon my ignorance and how is the vinyl casting? Smooth or bubbles to fill?

These are 1/24 scale, and made of resin. Although I have not personally built a Salzo X-wing, I have seen the kit components. They are virtually pinhole free. Amazing kits.

Hi Mike I ordered your v 4 and wanted to get the landing gear. I got the V4 (truly out standing) but no landing gear. Have you made any landing gear yet? I think I PMed you a couple of times or was it emailed. Thanks, Tim

Hey Tim, starting next week i am taking like a 2 week break to remodel my kitchen, it has been years overdue and I owe it to my wife. I have been remolding x wing stuff so when that is done i can start running kits again. I can run you off a set of gear then. Do give me a reminder in like 3 weeks, I am sure that it will be hard for me to switch from kitchen mode back to work mode.
mike

Sounds Great Mike, best of luck with the Kitchen. I too know the importance of taking care of the wife. I will post something around the end of April regarding landing gear. Thanks for the quick reply Mike. Take care, Tim

Not seeing much in the instructions area for the V4. So, I thought that I would contribute as I am currently building two of these kits (commission builds). I can not say for fact that this is how it is suppose to be. I can say that this is how I did it :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back