I bought a 1:1 Luke Skywalker bust at an auction, please help me identify it.

Roders

I recently attended a local auction (Northern Ireland) and came away with this amazing looking piece. Apparently a drug dealer had amassed a huge collection of sci-fi and movie collectables over decades in a bunker which the government repossessed and then sold at auction. I mainly collect 1/6th scale Star Wars figures and this is the first time I've ever bought something like this. As it came with no information I've been trying to find out more about it which has led me here. Does anyone know where it originated from?

IMG_1450.jpgIMG_1449.jpgIMG_1448.jpgIMG_1452.jpgIMG_1455.jpg

I hope you got a good price on it, looks awsome, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I recently attended a local auction (Northern Ireland) and came away with this amazing looking piece. Apparently a drug dealer had amassed a huge collection of sci-fi and movie collectables over decades in a bunker which the government repossessed and then sold at auction. I mainly collect 1/6th scale Star Wars figures and this is the first time I've ever bought something like this. As it came with no information I've been trying to find out more about it which has led me here. Does anyone know where it originated from?

View attachment 769522View attachment 769521View attachment 769520View attachment 769523View attachment 769524

Looks like Howard’s Bust.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Roders ! Cool score! Hope the dude's locked up for a very, very, very long time. That way he can't come looking for all his stuff. ;)

Did the bust come with the GRAFLEX? And is it a replica or an original?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Full size Powerloader with Ripley, Bat cycle......I wonder if the dug guy was a member here? Ok, who hasnt been posting lately hahahah?

OP, do you recall what the items were selling for? Curious if they were getting good prices or pennies on the dollar.

Hey @Roders ! Cool score! Hope the dude's locked up for a very, very, very long time. That way he can't come looking for all his stuff. ;)

Did the bust come with the GRAFLEX? And is it a replica or an original?

Due to the help of people here I've managed to find these links:
http://www.yodasnews.com/amazing-howard-studios-luke-skywalker-hoth-bust-ebay/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-1-LUKE-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It came with the lightsaber which according to the description above is an FX one. It didn't come with the blaster however. I'm new to this type of stuff but it looks exactly like the images above and the head is stunning up close so it must be original I think.

Wow. Full size Powerloader with Ripley, Bat cycle......I wonder if the dug guy was a member here? Ok, who hasnt been posting lately hahahah?

OP, do you recall what the items were selling for? Curious if they were getting good prices or pennies on the dollar.

It's hard to remember much, there was 160 lots. You can see them all here, some amazing stuff: https://www.wilsonsauctions.com/media/2805/oct26belugacatalogue.pdf
This link shows some selling prices: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-41760985

Star Wars related stuff included a very impressive life size Chewbacca bust (about £1200), life size Ewoks (about £500 each), and a life size Salacious B. Crumb.
IMG_1407.jpgIMG_1411.jpgIMG_1412.jpgIMG_1410.jpg

I'd have loved the Chewie but I didn't have the funds!

Shouldn't be too difficult to find out who it was, Griff's BMW was sold at auction in 2015, guess this is the guy that bought it, it'll be online somewhere who bought it.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back