Rogue One Vader costume

Confirmed via BTS footage in the Target bonus material: when shooting the Mustafar scene, inner cloak was under the armor. So they must've fixed it in post. In BTS footage of other scenes, it is over, so they got clued in during production.

He is also indeed walking VERY fast toward Krennic in this footage, enough to give Wook a coronary. ;)

They also show several stills of the costume on set, and it looks terrible under certain lighting conditions (i.e. not yet properly lit for a take). But the originals probably did, too. Lighting is everything!
Like I've said before I love the inner cloak of Vader to be worn over his shoulder armor. They should've been made aware of that distinct look of Vader's tunic BEFORE they actually started shooting his scenes. In the quick scene of Vader on his Star Destroyer The Devastator you can see that they didn't CGI the inner cloak up over his shoulder armor but I think that they actually got it right in the Vader rampage scene at the end of the movie.

Brian Muir DID create the Vader mask in 1976 right? And I also read somewhere that Mr. Muir did come back to craft the Rogue One Vader mask. No need for you to be an ass.
Sorry for offending you. First off, you are confusing molding and modeling.
Molding is to make something that you can put another material in and have a duplicate.
Modeling is making the thing to duplicate with molding.
Brian Muir modeled the original ANH helmet in 1977.He didn't mold it.
And second, the only lineage the RO helmet has to Muir is the fact that he sculpted the master.....

......for ANH in 1977. Somebody here said that they modified an existing fanmade helmet to make the RO helmet, which means it's screen lineage can be dim.

Again, sorry for offending you.

You said the person who molded the helmet. Brian didnt mould the helmet, he sculpted it. Like mentioned before he was brought on board for Rogue One but has already been confirmed he did not have anything to do with the new helmet.

I dont think showing up on this forum out of nowhere and start insulting and lecturing other is the right approach.

Brian Muir DID create the Vader mask in 1976 right? And I also read somewhere that Mr. Muir did come back to craft the Rogue One Vader mask. No need for you to be an ass.

You said the person who molded the helmet. Brian didnt mould the helmet, he sculpted it. Like mentioned before he was brought on board for Rogue One but has already been confirmed he did not have anything to do with the new helmet.

I dont think showing up on this forum out of nowhere and start insulting and lecturing other with outdated and untrue info is the right approach.

Let me correct that

I dont think showing up on this forum out of nowhere and start insulting and lecturing other is the right approach.
Who have I insulted and who have I lectured? This is a public forum not a private club. I did read somewhere that Brian Muir designed the Rogue One Vader mask. Who on here has stated otherwise?

No one said anything about imposing an opinion or a club. We are just stating facts. Information you might benefit from the next time you decide to jump on a forum to enlighten everyone with your knowledge. But instead you keep bringing up the same nonsense, even after being informed that your information is not correct.

Who have I insulted and who have I lectured? This is a public forum not a private club. I did read somewhere that Brian Muir designed the Rogue One Vader mask. Who on here has stated otherwise?

Re: Complaining about the origin of Rogue One Vader

See this thread title above me? That is what this thread has become.
Back to actual discussion: who will put out the first RO Vader helmet?
It looks like a really awesome design that blends all the best things about the OT vaders.

If you're on Facebook Kent Stone has showed his first castings of his new Rogue One Vader helmet.
Is this the same "Stone" who has a giant backlog over on the Sith Lord Detachment forum?

I wonder if there might be a R1 version of the Quasimodo or Darth Ugly someday, I think I remember seeing a one-off on the Sculpting Vader Facebook page.

No one said anything about imposing an opinion or a club. We are just stating facts. Information you might benefit from the next time you decide to jump on a forum to enlighten everyone with your knowledge. But instead you keep bringing up the same nonsense, even after being informed that your information is not correct.
Can I just ask a simple question? Where did you get your information from that Brian Muir had nothing to do with the new Rogue One Vader helmet/mask?

I think it's time the mods had a discussion with you!

Don't shout at me. Curb your dramatics please.

I will now start archiving these posts so the mods can take notice. They can see that this won't get edited. You will probably edit them to be kinder than they were, if you're smart enough.

Can I just ask a simple question? Where did you get your information from that Brian Muir had nothing to do with the new Rogue One Vader helmet/mask?
He got it from a more reliable source than you, that's for CERTAIN.

Not really sure what's been said that would warrant banning anyone... :rolleyes

...unless it's against the rules to make assertions that turn out to be incorrect, and then ask follow-up questions about the corrected information.

Speaking from experience, I suggest not taking the bait and saying anything that would warrant mod intervention.

---
All that aside, I'm looking forward to taking a good look at the R1 blu-ray scenes this weekend. My copy should arrive by tomorrow, I think.

Ah, very cool :) I wonder if any licensed companies will make one. Given how the Anovos is already a bit of a weird hybrid/none of the films, I doubt they'd bother.

Not really sure what's been said that would warrant banning anyone... :rolleyes

...unless it's against the rules to make assertions that turn out to be incorrect, and then ask follow-up questions about the corrected information.

Speaking from experience, I suggest not taking the bait and saying anything that would warrant mod intervention.

---
All that aside, I'm looking forward to taking a good look at the R1 blu-ray scenes this weekend. My copy should arrive by tomorrow, I think.

Calling people an "ass" and saying to "curb your dramatics" when he's been the one antagonizing other members is at least worthy of a warning from the mods. As I said before I've put him on Ignore so hopefully the thread can continue as it was before he started chiming in.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back