Harryhausen Exhibit in Oklahoma City until Dec. 3 2017

Hardsuit

Just got back from the Ray Harryhausen – Mythical Menagerie exhibit at the Science Museum Oklahoma. Highly recommended, and it's included in the general admission to the museum. If there is interest I took lots of photos (best I could do with my phone camera, full turnarounds on many items, partials where blocked on others) of Medusa, the Kraken, multiple skeletons, baboon prince, Bubo, etc.

Thank you for sharing! I remember watching these classic movies on Saturday afternoons when we only had 12 channels and movies would stay in theaters for months lol!

GFollano

so cool to see these models. its a shame there is so few replicas for sale.

i have one of the harryhausen skeleton Warrior figures from Jason and the Argonauts made by Revoltech. always loved these guys.

3456_Revoltech_Scifi_20_Skeleton_Army_kh.jpg

Thanks for sharing indeed! Great to see so much survived!
They have over 50,000 items from his estate in the Harryhausen Foundation collection. One of the videos they have playing in the OKC Science Museum exhibit has a clip on the Foundation clearing out his garage and opening box after box of various models and props.

They have over 50,000 items from his estate in the Harryhausen Foundation collection. One of the videos they have playing in the OKC Science Museum exhibit has a clip on the Foundation clearing out his garage and opening box after box of various models and props.
That would be an awesome video to see. Treasure hunting! Let's hope the exhibit will one day be up near me.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back