Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

What kind of battery does it take and what kind of store would sell it. Also how much does the battery cost? Is it easy to put the new battery back in?

One more question what kind of device should I use to Cut? Is a utility knife or exacto knife good to use?

Apparently the linked battery a few pages back was too big, but it is what they look like.

If you can find them, they should be around 15-30 each. 1000mH is what you want.

As for the blade to get the old ones out, it really depends on what you are comfortable with. I used a scalpel because this is no different to surgery.

150742380153582387444.jpg
Ta da! cavx your DVD is ready to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have another question? You said to cut on the opposite side of the swoosh. Do you mean the same side as the swoosh but just the inside part or do you mean the opposite side of the shoe in general? Isn't the battery located on the side where the button is to turn on the light? Can you let me know I just want to make sure I do everything right. Thank You.

cavx little bit of a hickup. The ink on the test DVD hasn't dried yet, meaning the slightest touch will smear it. I'm gonna give it a couple of days to see if it dries or not

Last edited by a moderator:
I have another question? You said to cut on the opposite side of the swoosh. Do you mean the same side as the swoosh but just the inside part or do you mean the opposite side of the shoe in general? Isn't the battery located on the side where the button is to turn on the light? Can you let me know I just want to make sure I do everything right. Thank You.

Opposite side of the SWOOSH means the side without the SWOOSH or the inner side of the shoe.
I opened mine up so the inside is like a flap and folds up to allow access to the wires and the battery.
The reason I stress not to cut on the SWOOSH side is that you have wires running there and the last thing you want to do is cut a wire.

Check Post #2 on page 1. I think Jedifyfe's tutorial is there.

- - - Updated - - -

@cavx little bit of a hickup. The ink on the test DVD hasn't dried yet, meaning the slightest touch will smear it. I'm gonna give it a couple of days to see if it dries or not

All good. When you can.

So I went to see the new Blade Runner 2049 and it's times like these when I wished my lights worked.

fc178c6a3fba4b4458e5397fee13c535.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

So I went to see the new Blade Runner 2049 and it's times like these when I wished my lights worked.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171009/fc178c6a3fba4b4458e5397fee13c535.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Mine worked i had to unplug the el panels and for a reason i can't explain, the EL strap and heel cups LEDs worked again \o/

Had a movie event at my church this weekend and I heard they were going to have a DeLorean there so of course I had to waear my Mags. Got a TON of reactions. It's also amazing to see how big of a jump it was from the V2.

View attachment 764658

Lucky you ! I wish i could get my hands on a Bobpropshop's replica to see the details and quality of the kit itself. :O

So the battery is on the opposite side of the swoosh as well? Also I'm cutting at the side of the shoe right? Not the bottom of the shoe where the sole is?

STOP! YOU NEED TO CUT THE SOLE, NOT THE SIDE.

Battery is in the middle about 1.5" forward of where your heel sits. The wires run out to the EL panel and also up the centre of the back of the shoe. You want to cut on the opposite side of the EL panel so you don't cut those wires.

Once you can lift the innersole up a bit, you can keep cutting around with cutting the wires. You NEED to stay inside the stitching or your shoes will fall apart.

Kind of wish I had kept that video up now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back