Bandai release schedule

I prefer the TIE Landing Craft seen here to the Striker; the Striker's cockpit/fuselage section looks like a suppository.
I *just* realized the TIE striker landing craft is based on "TIE FIGHTER ATTACK VERSION 1" concept drawing seen in the Rogue One visual dictionary. I had already been thinking a TIE Fighter + TIE Striker kitbash to create one of these would be really cool.

IMG_2684.JPG

Last edited:
Just realized that the striker, with the wings flapped downwards pretty much resembles the Clone Wars erea Jedi Starfighter. Could it be the direct desendant ?

I think the problem designers of new flying ships have is that the original designs were just SO awesome!

I think the new FO TIE is ok, but even with the strut braces on the wings its a bit boring the hull is too smooth. I love the FO TIE SF though, the strut braces work well with the new wing "cogs", extra colour, gun pod and two seats make it a cool lil compact agressive TIE. The U-wing has grown on me since seeing it in Rogue One id definatley take one in 1/72. TIE striker is an odd one, from on top it looks ok but from underneath esp with the wings up that body "pill" shape doesnt look right to me. The troop carrier variant looked so good though, id love a model of that one! And i liked the FO Atmospheric Assault Lander too. I think the new T-70 is a great design, the old t-65 looked like a fighter bomber, the T-70 a more agile fighter.

I am excited to see what they come up with in future films!

Just realized that the striker, with the wings flapped downwards pretty much resembles the Clone Wars erea Jedi Starfighter. Could it be the direct desendant ?

According to canon, the ships were made by different companies, but the TIE design incorporated elements that were successful from the Jedi starfighters. In the real world, I'm sure the designers knew they echoing some of the shapes from the Jedi ships, but it's likely the overall intent was simply to create a new TIE design to sell new products (not that there's anything wrong with that). The prototype designs seem less Jedi fighter-like, so the final design is likely more a happy coincidence.

Hmm, $48? That's much higher than any other Bandai Star Wars kit has been, even at import prices, apart from the motorized X-wing (for obvious reasons)... What is the Japan retail price for the AT-AT?

Thanks. I read over that page but was looking in the text rather than the title, doh.

Slave 1 -- 4,104 Yen
AT-AT -- 4,200 Yen
Falcon -- 5,400 Yen

That 4,200 Yen price places the AT-AT just slightly higher than the Slave 1... which usually runs about $32ish imported, and the Falcon, which runs $40ish imported (I'm talking the amazon/ebay price with shipping, not currency conversion). Hopefully stores won't be pricing it at the full $48 srp because if so it seems like there is little motivation for a local purchase if import costs continue as before...

Edit: My comparison is with the import price, not the price in Japan, but it's the same story with the scout/speeder set - imported on Amazon it goes for about $38 (even a direct currency conversion of the Yen price puts it at $47, less than the US AT-AT price), and this is despite its Japan retail price being 28% higher than the AT-AT.

Last edited:
Still liking that AT-AT. Yoda's not floating my boat. The green guy's on the list, but I reckon I'll do a 1:1 or 1:2 sculpt rather than go for anything so toy-like*

*don't tell my OH... She's not noticed the Sculpey stockpile yet... :eek: :D

Compared the 1/144 U-Wing pictures to the Revell U-Wing in my hands... and there's no comparison. The engine profiles, the airspeeder grills, the wing edge detail -- Bandai has it and the Revell doesn't. I mean, Bandai even got their cockpit figures to passably look like Cassian and K2SO. Revell's are larger and look like blobs. The good thing about the U-Wing design is that it's not outside my wheelhouse to scratch-build at a larger scale. If Bandai doesn't produce a 1/72 version, this will at least serve as a good reference.

Compared the 1/144 U-Wing pictures to the Revell U-Wing in my hands... and there's no comparison. The engine profiles, the airspeeder grills, the wing edge detail -- Bandai has it and the Revell doesn't. I mean, Bandai even got their cockpit figures to passably look like Cassian and K2SO. Revell's are larger and look like blobs. The good thing about the U-Wing design is that it's not outside my wheelhouse to scratch-build at a larger scale. If Bandai doesn't produce a 1/72 version, this will at least serve as a good reference.

Totally agree. I do hope they give us a 1/72 U-wing though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back