Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

Shheesh you gotta be kidding me, I'm the only one who got this today?

I did'nt get to charge mine was out on the lake all day and out about town, girlfriend just celebrated her B-Dayso.

Be honest I was not rally to hyped about this one as I don't even really carry a cell phone with me, thats what other people are for.

Lid is nice and stiff you can hold it upside down and it will not swing open.

Wand Co. did as the Phaser an excellent job on this it IS a beautiful piece!!

I was hoping to get mine tomorrow(Friday) but it has now been handed off to the Post Office and who knows when it will get delivered.

Well, I say FCC stands for "Federation Communicator Contractor" and that stamp is required on all Starfleet standard issue comms. Plus it's against fleet regulations to cover up the "Property of Starfleet" part. And "C E" stands for "Communicator, Enterprise." :)

Damn, there it is! Highly authentic markings!

Got hold of mine today (London, UK). Anyone familiar with the Wand Phaser will understand the level of quality and attention to detail present here. It feels so good and solid in the hand, and the silent spinning moiré pattern is beautifully smooth. The case, pouch and instructions are all gorgeous too. It's still charging so I haven't paired it with my phone yet but I have a good feeling about it already.

No ship notification yet from Thinkgeek. I might call them. Again it's only been a day, but when they clearly spell out that you won't be charged until it ships, I have an expectation. Might be an unreasonable one.

Called, apparently it's a 24-48 hours from billing to be processed and shipped. Looks like next week for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoped this story will help our American cousins who are going to have to wait a little longer for their communicator.

Got my Communicator from Firebox this morning (feeling happy and smug) BUT on opening it I found this inside.....a Vibease, a smart (discreet vibrating) massager for ladies???

Not coms.jpg
Google it if you want the details
J
BUT it is Bluetooth.

The firebox logo became more prevalent at this point “Not for Everyone”

Any suggestions for use as a TOS props will be most welcome...... Uhura earpiece maybe.

Hope you all enjoy your communicator’s when you get them.

Not coms.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordering anything from them.

The Wand Phaser fiasco was bad enough and now this.

I will never order anything from them

This was the first and last thing I will ever order from them again, will go with StarTrek.com from now on. I was charged, but am still waiting on shipping notice, I was under the impression that we wouldn't be charged till the item is ready to ship. 24-48 hours isn't what I'd call ready to ship.

This was the first and last thing I will ever order from them again, will go with StarTrek.com from now on. I was charged, but am still waiting on shipping notice, I was under the impression that we wouldn't be charged till the item is ready to ship. 24-48 hours isn't what I'd call ready to ship.

Exactly. That's not ready to ship. Never again, not for something that costs this much and was a pre order.

Yikes. Maybe I'll just wait for it to get to Amazon Prime. Their shipping is flawless (as long as they're the shipper).

Wow, you guys patiently wait and wait and wait MONTHS for Wand to get the product out and then bitch because you were billed 24 to 48 hours before it shipped? You've got to get some perspective!

can't wait to get mine, ordered from thinkgeek and don't the wait. end of the day its just a toy, a toy im going to use every day lol. super excited its coming.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back