Sideshow 1:1 Vader Bust v2

Prop Collector

Sr Member
star-wars-darth-vader-life-size-400249-04.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-darth-vader-sideshow-collectibles-400249/

This looks pretty good. Any ideas about the accuracy of the mask and helmet, though? Seems it's modeled after the ROTJ costume.

Not quite, but let's get this straight. The original Vader bust (which I own) was also modeled after ROTJ, and has the Shaw Anakin head sculpt. This "new" one has a "different" sculpt (this time seems not a recast of Portumac's Vader), different pose and no Shaw head (and guess no removable helmet at all). Accuracy wise Sideshow is known for their artistic interpretation, so nothing from them is really accurate. Anything else?

V1 looked like Portumac's helmet. Coming to think of it, the armor looks like Portumac's as well, only scalloped to create that circular shape.

This V2's dome reminds me a little of the Illusive Concepts helmet, only not in Reveal orientation, but it came from the Don Post Studios template. There are some modifications to sharpen the details. The lip thickness and chin triangle are off, but overall the helmet looks nicer than the V1. Although Portumac used a Don Post as a base, he overworked it. This V2 has Don Post tells but looks better. If you look at it as a singular display, it's a nice and handsome entrant into the hobby.

I like the look of this one over the v1, which I wanted desperately for the "reveal" display option. Over the years, I've actually had it in my "cart" many many times. However, now that I know of the existence of the ESB Quasimodo v2, this will be a very easy pass. There is just no comparison, as far as I'm concerned.

Sounds like sour grapes.

That's your conclusion? :lol:lol:lol

Do you want an accurate Vader? Get an EFX helmet if you want licensed (I own Legend and used to own LE too), or get a DarthUgly/Quasimodo. Or get this SSC bust that will be made forever, without any kind of limited edition. It's your money.

This one looks a lot better as the V1...but its a shame that its not a helmet that you can remove from the base.I also don´t like that the bust has no shoulders.With shoulders it would look a lot better.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back