Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

That's because there is no "official" distributor for the bandai star wars range in Australia!

Hobbyco imports(Sydney) are the offical bandai importers for Australia,but it only covers Gundam,apparently the star wars licence just costs to much.

i found this out from asking the Sydney store manager the other day. Although they have a few bandai star wars kits on the shelves, they get those in from a third party, and cannot choose what they get.

I asked about the 1/72 falcon, they are trying to get some, but cannot guarantee it, and it would be on special order only and very expensive!

Hope this helps answer some questions.

I wouldn't blame Revell. The US is not blocked and that is Revell's market for Star Wars just as much as Europe.

The markets it is opened up to are probably the same markets BlueFin has licenses for

If Revell didn't have the license here, I bet we would get Bandai kits more easily. And I /am/ blaming Revell for not giving modelers what they want. They should just step out of this business.

Is it August 28th yet? For the first time in my life I wish the summer was over.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic, but I was just watching the Blu Ray featurettes and saw this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 4.03.09 PM.png

Never seen it before. Anyone know what's going on there?

SB

The release says an "extended release" starting Aug 28th. That might mean more countries will get it at a later date.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic, but I was just watching the Blu Ray featurettes and saw this:

View attachment 738341

SB

Video storyboards. Check out the documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga" to see videomatics of the speeder bike chase, crude model speeders with action figure riders.

Video storyboards. Check out the documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga" to see videomatics of the speeder bike chase, crude model speeders with action figure riders.

Ah. I've seen Star Wars to Jedi many times, just never seen this shot before. Interesting.

SB

It looks about the size of the MPC.....

J

It sure does

It's definitely too small for the 32"

Not sure if it's true or not, but I had seen a few posts where people mentioned an MPC that was used in Empire Strikes Back early on to help them map out some shots only and was never actually used on screen

Is this possibly that?

Here are a couple of random Falcons in the Lucas Archives. Possibly one of them?
FalconU.jpgFalconU2.jpg

View attachment 738341

Oh dear. I was hoping that this sordid fact would never come to light.

But you've uncovered evidence of a dark, twisted and frankly rather sick cult. Known as "millennials," these cultists worship a strange and ancient fantasy spacecraft. They don robes or capes of a colour they call "calrissian," and hold mysterious ceremonies bearing plastic models - their objects of veneration.

Stay away if you know what's good for your wallet.

Or the old Kenner version?

No.....you can see the slot for the switch on the rear quarter wall......it's the MPC

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 05.46.55.png

Closer look on the second pic & it also looks like the MPC......bit rougher though

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 05.49.47.png

I've never seen these images before.....brilliant!!

J

Last edited:

Jaitea , do you think that's an mpc xwing behind that 2nd photo of that falcon ?
Cheers Ged

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back