Star Trek TOS Communicator from The Wand Company

I ordered me one o' them and finally got it not long back. It's a winner. Nice construction. Clear sound. Nice weight. It's gonna be part of my Jim Kirk getup one day. Makes me happier than a pig in slop.

Went to Destination Star Trek Europe this weekend and got my Communicator case signed by George Takei as well as my phaser case by Bill Shatner. Over the moon with these now.
IMG_1717.JPGIMG_1718.JPGIMG_1719.JPGIMG_1720.JPGIMG_1721.JPG

Yay!! Finally bought mine (B-day coming up), got it on Thinkgeek for $149.99 plus tax and free shipping. Yay!!!

I'm sure the deep shame I feel now due to my fiscal irresponsibility (well, that and wetting my bed) will disappear once I start playing with it. :p

I guess this means the 1/48 Eagle from Round 2 is in line for Christmas. I hope I stop wetting the bed by then. :p

Last edited:
Had to back-door cancel my order because PayPal gave them my old address for some reason. It was only a few minutes after I put in the order that I saw the mistake, but it was already too late to cancel via ThinkGeek or PayPal. The authorization had gone through, but they hadn't shipped yet so the payment hadn't actually been charged to my account.

So I just transferred enough money into another account to leave insufficient funds for the payment, and now it'll be declined by my bank. It shouldn't generate any fees, since there won't be an overdraft. We'll see. I've done this before by accident, but I'd never thought of doing it on purpose before. :)

Gonna re-order on Tuesday -- still in time for my birthday. :D

Of course with my luck, my bank will pay anyway, and I'll have to rush the funds back in there to avoid an overdraft fee, and my comm will go to the wrong place. If you guys hear of an unhinged Trekkie phasering a bank to the ground in the next few days, please keep it under your hat. :p

Best Buy near springfield mall is calling your name.....
Why, yes! Yes, it was! Soon as I heard it, I ran off to Springfield. Then I turned around, got in my car, caught my breath, and drove to Springfield. (I was a little frazzled. I blame you, Apollo.) :p

They had plenty of them in stock. So I carefully examined the boxes and picked one with no blemishes. Because of course I did.

I transferred the funds back into my account while I was standing in line and voila, I own a comm. Made my wife call me as soon as I got it working. Because of course I did. Then I made my mom call me, because same damn reason. :p

Eat photons, ThinkGeek! :p

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Charged up very quickly. First source of amazement: I can't hear the motor at all, even when it's right up to my ear. They weren't kidding when they said it was whisper-quiet. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back