PropShop announces TFA Props!

I think it's just to have an idealized take on the rotten ROTS :)

Roman's are $245, the 2.0s seem to be floating around $190.

If Roman's stock stays, the price points could be close enough that he could win for the statics, and maybe electronic too for those willing to do a ground up conversion.

I

And I'll tell you one thing for sure, if my OCD gets bad and I need the ROTS fauxflex to complete the collection, knowing I think the thing is an abomination I'd spend the least amount on it, so 2.0 for sure.

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to own the ROTS version. I was never a fan of it.

Ok I have a very serious question for any 3D Printer experts out there. Anyone who knows an engineer or expert in this area, please ask. I was advised by a reliable source today that the way the Prop Shop is 3D printing their props, i.e. Helmets, etc... That the material they are using will only last four years and then start to deteriorate. This does not apply to the metal parts, but only the 3D printed parts they are using in their shop. I was told that for making a lasting replica, 3D printing is fine for making the initial mold, but the props need then be made out of resin or some other plastic that will last forever. Any comments? I would think we would all want to know this for the prices they are charging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was never one of those to find fault or criticize episodes 1-3 and actually enjoyed the films, however I just don't see myself buying or making any props. The weird part is I do enjoy some of the props from tfa and have already moved forward on buying some. Tfa managed to capture the same feel as the original 3 so perhaps that's the reason I'm into these props. That being said, I still can't bring myself to spend that much on a prop. It's not a money thing, but more of a wait and see thing. Remember, these arent the releases of old. Disney is now the owner and they like to make money. I haven't seen many limited edition disney items and I could be wrong.

Ok I have a very serious question for any 3D Printer experts out there. Anyone who knows an engineer or expert in this area, please ask. I was advised by a reliable source today that the way the Prop Shop is 3D printing their props, i.e. Helmets, etc... That the material they are using will only last four years and then start to deteriorate. This does not apply to the metal parts, but only the 3D printed parts they are using in their shop. I was told that for making a lasting replica, 3D printing is fine for making the initial mold, but the props need then be made out of resin or some other plastic that will last forever. Any comments? I would think we would all want to know this for the prices they are charging.

I think I did hear something about that with the materials but it was for the 3d printed parts for r2d2 and other droids on astromech.com when 3d was just ramping up. I believe if the materials used was or is ABS, they should last.

I was never one of those to find fault or criticize episodes 1-3 and actually enjoyed the films, however I just don't see myself buying or making any props. The weird part is I do enjoy some of the props from tfa and have already moved forward on buying some. Tfa managed to capture the same feel as the original 3 so perhaps that's the reason I'm into these props. That being said, I still can't bring myself to spend that much on a prop. It's not a money thing, but more of a wait and see thing. Remember, these arent the releases of old. Disney is now the owner and they like to make money. I haven't seen many limited edition disney items and I could be wrong.

There was a comment made by Propshop in the Tested video below from Comic Con. He mentions using Epoxy Resin to make the piece more durable. Not sure what exactly that means but you can hear him speak it in the link below

https://youtu.be/xJ21Y3DmLkY?t=160

this is why i would love for someone to take a picture of the prop shop kylo saber and make a diagram explaining which part is 3d printed, which are metal and which is resin

94718a246fbef5e6505f4dd014a5d684.jpg

basically that, but instead of the name of the part, have what type of material it is

i hear the cage at the bottom of the hilt is 3d printed.. i dont know if i like that. i wish i could hold it in my hands so i know exactly how much metal and where the metal is before i invest roughly 1550 bucks for this thing

Of all the sabers to post, you have to post this one. I'm saving up for romans. You are a trouble maker .lol

Wish I could help you out with this one.

this is why i would love for someone to take a picture of the prop shop kylo saber and make a diagram explaining which part is 3d printed, which are metal and which is resin

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/94/71/8a/94718a246fbef5e6505f4dd014a5d684.jpg

basically that, but instead of the name of the part, have what type of material it is

i hear the cage at the bottom of the hilt is 3d printed.. i dont know if i like that. i wish i could hold it in my hands so i know exactly how much metal and where the metal is before i invest roughly 1550 bucks for this thing

I too would love to know what is what. I thought the whole body was metal but if the pommel is 3D printed that's a bit disappointing.

Update on the Blue Kylo:

They are exchanging it. They even sent UPS to my door to pick it up!! I have been in constant communication with them and a live person in the US actually picks up my calls every time I called them!! A+ on customer service. They actually make you send it back directly to Disney in Glendale Ca. They said that after they inspect it, my replacement will be here in a couple weeks

Update on the Blue Kylo:

They are exchanging it. They even sent UPS to my door to pick it up!! I have been in constant communication with them and a live person in the US actually picks up my calls every time I called them!! A+ on customer service. They actually make you send it back directly to Disney in Glendale Ca. They said that after they inspect it, my replacement will be here in a couple weeks

That's awesome.... though I liked the blue! heh.

Update on the Blue Kylo:

that is excellent news!! great to see they are standing behind it. man i now wonder what will ever happen to the famous blue saber...

Update on the Blue Kylo:

That is awesome! Glad to hear they are a real company !!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back